1.    #1  
    It seems unlikely that there are people are waiting for palm to release an update in order to buy a pre. Even if there are most of those ppl lean toward techies. At this point any additional sales will result in a word of mouth campaign. Ppl like us who use the pre on a daily. I know I've told at least 3 ppl to hold off buying the pre. I'm sure you've had similar experiences. IMO should focus more on the stock pre apps and improve them.
    Just curious as to why you would tell someone to hold off on buying the Pre? I encourage everyone that wants a new phone to buy the Pre. I have about 8 teachers at my school that now have the Pre and they love it. You are taking away an experience that most people will truly enjoy.
    It's fine to steer someone toward or away from the Pre, but why not recommend they hit a store and try it for themselves as well?
    I always tell people to get a pre..the biggest thing holding them back is sprint. I think getting on verizon is going to help palm more than we even realize. Much more than an update. They need to get video working as well. When someone is reviwing the features of the droid next to the pre they will go with the droid more often for that reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    I always tell people to get a pre..the biggest thing holding them back is sprint. I think getting on verizon is going to help palm more than we even realize. Much more than an update. They need to get video working as well. When someone is reviwing the features of the droid next to the pre they will go with the droid more often for that reason.
    Well, that...and the far superior screen.
    I'm not sure I get your point ... but I think there's a couple of major features that could certainly influence new buyers ... video recording leaps to mind. There's a also a couple of major development tools that need to get added through updates (can you say Voice API) that will greatly add to the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I have no regrets myself about getting the Pre, but there are a few things that prevent me from recommending the Pre or Pixi to most friends. The biggest reason is the interface lag. The other problem is that I don't think any of my friends are on Sprint right now.

Most of my friend have either iPhones or Blackberries. As soon as a WebOS device is on Verizon and the lag is fixed with an update I'll start recommending these to my friends. Until that happens I've quit telling people about my Pre. I can't remember the last time I showed off my phone with the ridiculous lag.
    I like my Pixi, and webos. But i can't recommend neither phone to any of my friends because the lack of certain things. Many of my friends have feature phones, and would miss the simple features that their phones have but mine don't. Things like being able to bluetooth files to different phones, video camera, and voice recorder are key features that many people love. It just feels like the whole phone is in a beta. You can't send certain files in a text message, no signatures. I could go on but i would only make myself feel even worse. Hopefully Palm can implement some of these features into future updates.
    I really like my Pre and the people I have recommended it to really like it as well. I keep them updated and tweaked so they really enjoy it.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I bet if pre was the first phone with flash 10 it wood boost sales.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    getting the pre or even the pixi on att would make me switch over. sadly, i do not hear any rumors of this happening.
    morris stalk