1.    #1  
    And, which help one but hurt the other?

For instance, I love adding data, gps and roaming on/off to the launcher drop down menu. But, my phone seems to run laggier with patches on.

Any tips? I want to add patches that max my battery life AND speed up the device (or at least stop it from seeming like it's stuttering).

By the way, on 1.3.1 with patches and cpu scaling, internet radio randomly causes the phone to go black and shut off/lock up (Black screen).
    well smartflex 600 definitely helped speed but was too dangerous but 500 seems stable enough and has an improved battery life
    The only patch I used that seemed to affect performance was the one that made the quick launch bar disappear when the launcher was open. It seemed to make switching between launcher pages stutter. I haven't been able to find any that affect battery life.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I have 600... ON MY SPECIFIC PHONE it runs without any problems.
    It makes my phone faster and it improves STANDBY battery life by a LONG shot.
    (I'm talking about if I let it sit there without doing anything it could run for like 3+ days, which is stellar for the Pre).

Otherwise, I only have like 6-7 other patches... they don't affect my phone in any noticeable manner.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    My girlfriend installed the patch to change sms notifications and her battery usage jumped up to around 8% per hour on standby. She removed it and now all is well, I tried it on my phone and had the same results. Thats the only patch she had installed
    Well since we will be getting an update to the operating system early in January. It might be that acccording to posting on this site that the new system will help improve battery life. I would wait for this first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    The only patch I used that seemed to affect performance was the one that made the quick launch bar disappear when the launcher was open. It seemed to make switching between launcher pages stutter. I haven't been able to find any that affect battery life.
    Hide Quick Launch slows mine down at times too. I have the smartflex 600 right now with no problems. Much faster than before, and it seems to use a little less on standby. Even though I usually only go about a half hour max before I use my phone for something again, haha.
    I tried the SR 600 patch in Nov. but took it off because of freezing and also because of severe battery drain when applications were open and running. I have been running the SR 500 patch for about a month now with no problems and with the Mugen 1400 battery I can go all day without charging and still have plenty of battery left.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I tried the SR 600 patch in Nov. but took it off because of freezing and also because of severe battery drain when applications were open and running. I have been running the SR 500 patch for about a month now with no problems and with the Mugen 1400 battery I can go all day without charging and still have plenty of battery left.
    I actually haven't noticed as huge an increase in batt. drain as I had expected with the SR600 (I use my phone incessantly, so there isn't much time it's not sucking voltage). That said, I need to get another battery anyway. I always have my USB cord and plug it in at work and into people's cars whenever I can. I'm kind of a compulsive charger, but I'll let it drain now and again until it shuts off to avoid a "memory".

I seem to have been pretty fortunate with the SR600. I haven't had any of the ill effects that many report, and the speed increase has turned my phone into something wonderful.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    I actually haven't noticed as huge an increase in batt. drain as I had expected with the SR600 (I use my phone incessantly, so there isn't much time it's not sucking voltage). That said, I need to get another battery anyway. I always have my USB cord and plug it in at work and into people's cars whenever I can. I'm kind of a compulsive charger, but I'll let it drain now and again until it shuts off to avoid a "memory".

I seem to have been pretty fortunate with the SR600. I haven't had any of the ill effects that many report, and the speed increase has turned my phone into something wonderful.
    That may actually damage your battery, Ive read in various places that these batteries do not suffer from memory problems and you may even damage it by letting it drain fully.
    Plam themselves actually reccomend you keep it topped up

Palm Support : My battery drains quickly
    Quote Originally Posted by diggedy View Post
    That may actually damage your battery, Ive read in various places that these batteries do not suffer from memory problems and you may even damage it by letting it drain fully.
    Plam themselves actually reccomend you keep it topped up

Palm Support : My battery drains quickly
    cool thanks! keeping it topped off is my habit anyway. it was a chore the couple times i drained it, so that works really well.
    The homebrew app, Battery Saver, saves me a great deal of battery overnight. Basically, all it does is turn your phone to airplane mode for a user-specified time. I have mine set for midnight-7am, when I'm usually asleep. Battery drain during that period is only 3%.
    I got Brightness Unlinked on my phone and put the display to 1 and left keyboard to 50 and my battery life has gone up.

What this app does is let you control the brightness of the screen and keyboard separately. My keyboard is nicely lit and my screen is at the lowest setting.