Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    LOL. Like there's a single Pre owner who wouldn't jump at swapping App libraries and functionality with the iPhone.
    Uhhh...guess I'm that single Pre owner. I have what I need/want between Homebrew and the App catalogue. New apps for me are just fun, unless someone comes up with something I never would have thought of needing/wanting. The apps mentioned by those who miss/want/have iphone apps are either covered for me or are not apps I want/need.

There are probably others (maybe not many?) out there like me.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    actually there's at least 2
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    The pre browser still doesn't do anchors which makes browsing forums very difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Uhhh...guess I'm that single Pre owner. I have what I need/want between Homebrew and the App catalogue. New apps for me are just fun, unless someone comes up with something I never would have thought of needing/wanting. The apps mentioned by those who miss/want/have iphone apps are either covered for me or are not apps I want/need.

There are probably others (maybe not many?) out there like me.
    actually there's at least 2
    Just so I'm clear here, you have no interest in ANY other apps other than what's offered by the Pre currently, and have no interest WHATSOEVER in voice functionality, a smoother, lag-free UI, a more functional landscape keyboard, video recording, bluetooth file transfers, or even more robust PIM apps.

That's hilarious. Why spend time on this forum then? You're good for the duration. Surely nothing else coming down the pike for the PrPrPr $or$ $any$ $competitors$ $will$ $interest$ $you$ $if$ $you$ $have$ $everything$ $you$ $need$ $now$ $just$ $as$ $you$ $need$ $it$, $right$?
    blah, blah, blah, and again, blah.

Do you think that posting things like this everyday is going to change things? Really? I'm very tired.
    Virtual keyboard is the main reason I gave up my Instinct.
    Just so I'm clear here, you have no interest in ANY other apps other than what's offered by the Pre currently, and have no interest WHATSOEVER in voice functionality, a smoother, lag-free UI, a more functional landscape keyboard, video recording, bluetooth file transfers, or even more robust PIM apps.

That's hilarious. Why spend time on this forum then? You're good for the duration. Surely nothing else coming down the pike for the PrPrPr $or$ $any$ $competitors$ $will$ $interest$ $you$ $if$ $you$ $have$ $everything$ $you$ $need$ $now$ $just$ $as$ $you$ $need$ $it$, $right$?
    I thought I was pretty clear: I CURRENTLY have all the apps I need until someone comes up with something for the webOS that hasn't occurred to me, and I haven't heard of any apps on the iphone that I can't live without as I imagine eventually some of the iphone apps that sound fun (but again, not necessary for me) will eventually be developed for webOS.

I said ABSOLUTELY nothing about not wanting a smoother, lag-free UI (which I do want...come on GPU) on webOS, a landscape keyboard or voice functionality (don't want landscape, never used vf when I had phones that had it), bluetooth file transfers (useful but not necessary for me) or more robust PIM (what I have, between the native apps and the app store/homebrew are robust enough for my needs, though, as should have been evident by what I DID say).

It should be clear, by now, that I have no desire whatsoever for an iphone, iphone app catalogue, iphone (or other) landscape keyboard, or whatever. I like webOS and Pre, and will happily wait for improvements to come along so that I can continue to use this phone and OS that are the right phone and OS for me and my needs. This was the point of my first post and I'm sorry you missed it.

Reasons to spend time on this forum:

1. The community (for the most part anyway, trolls, flamers, and F****** annoy the hell out of me).

2. To learn new stuff, discover new tweaks and apps (remember how I said I didn't currently, as of this very moment, NEED anything else?) that I might want (my response was to someone who said there was not a single webOS user who wouldn't trade app catalogues in a minute with iphone's).

3. To get answers to questions, and give help where I am able.

4. To have access to the most current info about webOS developments (again, my response was to someone who said there was not a single webOS user who wouldn't trade app catalogues in a minute with iphone's), updates, and news.

5. To learn about other platforms for purely intellectual reasons, although I hope to be using webOS (and/or it's descendants) for as long as I use smartphones.

I hope this is clear enough for you.

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    Virtual keyboard is the main reason I gave up my Instinct.
    Me too. That and the fact that I went through six of 'em in nine months due to total bricking by software update (which cannot happen on the pre for anyone who questions why I chose the pre).

Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    I said ABSOLUTELY nothing about not wanting a smoother, lag-free UI (which I do want...come on GPU)
    Then you DO want functionality the iPhone has. Thanks for clearing that up.

It should be clear, by now, that I have no desire whatsoever for an iphone, iphone app catalogue, iphone (or other) landscape keyboard, or whatever. I like webOS and Pre, and will happily wait for improvements to come along so that I can continue to use this phone and OS that are the right phone and OS for me and my needs. This was the point of my first post and I'm sorry you missed it.
    I didn't miss the point at all. It's great that you are happy to wait for improvements, but the point I was making is that it was silly of 063 to dismiss the largess of apps on iPhone as if that were a problem on par with having to patch the Pre to make it really functional...or even a problem at all!

You responded by saying the Pre had what you needed and wanted, but you're also waiting for improvements. We all are on various platforms. It seems silly, to me, to try and justify shortcomings by poking fun at something Pre owners, by and large, very much desire for their own platform.

Hope that's clear enough for you. I think we're good.
    Then you DO want functionality the iPhone has. Thanks for clearing that up.

I didn't miss the point at all. It's great that you are happy to wait for improvements, but the point I was making is that it was silly of 063 to dismiss the largess of apps on iPhone as if that were a problem on par with having to patch the Pre to make it really functional...or even a problem at all!

You responded by saying the Pre had what you needed and wanted, but you're also waiting for improvements. We all are on various platforms. It seems silly, to me, to try and justify shortcomings by poking fun at something Pre owners, by and large, very much desire for their own platform.

Hope that's clear enough for you. I think we're good.
    No, I want the functionality that is built into the pre, but is not yet available. I realize that this functionality is already available on the iphone, though it took three years to get there, but I don't want an iphone.

I am not poking fun at iphone, its OS, or its app catalogue. I AM saying that it does not interest ME. You, on the other hand, are being deliberately obtuse and misconstruing my comments for your own ends. Therefore, I am now done with this conversation, as I enjoy intelligent debate, but not circular logic or intentional denseness (not saying you are dense, please don't misconstrue, am saying you are choosing to appear dense).

At no point did I say you or anyone else here wanted an iPhone. At no point did I say YOU were poking fun at the iPhone app store. And finally you DO want the functionality that currently exists on iPhone but not on WebOS, as I said EXPLICITLY in my initial post in this thread.

Who is the one misconstruing things and being obtuse again?
    At no point did I say you or anyone else here wanted an iPhone. At no point did I say YOU were poking fun at the iPhone app store. And finally you DO want the functionality that currently exists on iPhone but not on WebOS, as I said EXPLICITLY in my initial post in this thread.

Who is the one misconstruing things and being obtuse again?
    No i was not poking fun i was simply saying iphone has apps for everything while pre has patches for everything
    "At least it's not..." is comparison by derision. Just is.
    at least its not another idont adhappy now
  15.    #35  
    The original question is weather palm can compete without virtual keyboard with the pre being their top of line product. If I was palm I would go for options, optons and more options.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigzeto View Post
    The pre browser still doesn't do anchors which makes browsing forums very difficult.
    Yeah this has been a big issue for me. I used to do a lot of legal research on Westlaw Wireless w/ zmy 755p. West uses anchors to help you find the searched terms. Can't do that on my Pre.

Does anybody think that Palm will ever add this functionality to the WebOs Browser?

An alternative would be to add a find function in the Browser. (The old Blazer had that too) Do you think someone could implement a patch for that?

And would love to have wraped text like the Droid's Browser. Any hope for this functionality?
    I would settle for having an easy way to lock the screen orientation.

I don't like virtual keyboards, so I don't mind flipping to enter text on the hard keyboard. But the tendency for the screen to flip upside down and whatnot and being tricky to get back to the orientation you want is the biggest annoyance.
    VKeyboards suck! That's one of the main reasons why I purchased the Pre and am very happy with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    I would settle for having an easy way to lock the screen orientation.
    There is a patch for that - Slider Blocks Orientation Change
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12