Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I never really noticed how much I missed having a homescreen until picking up a Hero. I had used WM for years and a Tour for a brief time before getting the Pre. I really like WebOS but think it would be a much more complete experience with a homescreen. Homescreen + cards seems like a winner to me.
    There is an app in the catalog that acts like a home screen. Yeah, it still runs as a card, but you can just leave that card up all the time. I don't know all of its features, but maybe you could try it out.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Im not sure how I feel about this... Ive used my pops hero and think it is nifty, but if it was integrated into our Pre's, I would hope they make the widgets optional.

I like the cleanliness of the Pre.
    I don't miss the homescreen at all. I just leave the cards open and flick through them. It's exactly the same as flicking through the home screen on Android.

I keep the calendar, messaging and e-mail cards open and flick through them.
    Yep. Miss the Homescreen here too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    I don't miss the homescreen at all. I just leave the cards open and flick through them. It's exactly the same as flicking through the home screen on Android.

I keep the calendar, messaging and e-mail cards open and flick through them.
    I tend to do the same - keep my 3 or 4 most common apps open.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Same here, I've missed many appointments...
    I also like the clean interface of the Pre, and as someone noted: There's an app for that. Heh. I also keep open the apps I use most often, although even if they are all closed i don't find lag to be much of an issue when I need one of 'em.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I wish we could lock cards open like the tealOS allowed.
    No thanks on the homescreen. I understand why some people like them, but, for me, the notiifcation system on the pre works perfectly. If I need to be reminded of an appointment, I set the notification for the time I need to be reminded. If I need the weather, I open an app or I swipe to an already open app. I love how my Pre looks so clean.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Not me. I got tired of homescreens, widgets and such. I love Palm Pre the way it is.
    +1 for a homescreen, i'm a former winmo guy too. That ActiveCard app is a cute little substitute for a homescreen, except that the news feed drains the battery (but then again, i think just holding the Pre, drains the battery).

101 more posts for 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    I never really noticed how much I missed having a homescreen until picking up a Hero. I had used WM for years and a Tour for a brief time before getting the Pre. I really like WebOS but think it would be a much more complete experience with a homescreen. Homescreen + cards seems like a winner to me.
    Yes!

I am requesting a patch to do eactly this:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2106404

I have started on the theme that it would need. I need someone who can do the patch...

- Craig
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I would eventually like to see some homescreen customization built in.
    Nope, not missing it, but if I had a business or a busy schedule I might miss it more.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    wouldnt the card view interfere with the homescreen.

like if we have cards open wouldnt they cover up the widgets on the homescreen....

i love things just the way they are. [ i like seeing my background pic ]
    So what is the name of the app that sort of works like a home screen
    sometimes i do, sometimes i dont. like most it does not bother me to leave cards open and just flick through them.

however comma it was nice to have a few things i could just look at and see real fast, like the weather and such
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    yes I miss it. I really want to always see my next appointment
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Pockets View Post
    So what is the name of the app that sort of works like a home screen
    ActiveCard. It's in the official app catalog with a big red & blue 'AC' for the logo.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast