Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 75
  1. #21  
    On my WM device i love having the weather, time, and my calender all right there on the home screen. It may be the only thing i will miss about the HTC Touch.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
  2. #22  
    not a fan of homescreens, i like the look of an empty desktop. though, as much as i hate covering my wallpaper, i'll often just leave the most used apps open, and flip through with the advanced gesture swipe. i've gotten really into that long swipe over the past week. in general though: clean and slick > homescreen.
  3. #23  
    After seeing the Hero I almost regretted getting a Pre, but after seeing the rest of Android... :O

    There should be some sort of "minimize" button, something to temporarily hide the cards, so the widget can be viewed. Widgets on the home screen definitely would be cool
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  4. jason2851's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #24  
    Is it possible to make the home screen swipe-able such as on android? We could swipe to go from the home screen to different cards in card-view. Whatcha think?
    Last edited by jason2851; 12/25/2009 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Missed an "e"
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by jason2851 View Post
    Is it possible to make the home screen swipe-able such as on android? We could swip to go from the home screen to different cards in card-view. Whatcha think?
    think not possible (as of now)
  6. jason2851's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    think not possible (as of now)
    Would you like the idea of having one?
  7. neve's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    #27  
    Longtime Palm user, firstime smartphone owner.
    So, I don't know exactly what's possible.

    I have a busy, flexible, dynamic work and personal schedule, and see no need for a homepage. The main reason for this is that I would require 3-5 (or more) homepages depending on what "mode" I was in at the time. Full-on work, full-on personal, family time, flex, and I can't realistically schedule each of those modes, I just drift from one to the next. Therefore it's best, at least I think it is, to keep an open pallete kind of desktop, and open apps as needed. If some of you power users can convince me that there's a homepage app or even a competing phone OS that would intelligently change a start page based on trends and activities, I would consider going that direction. Otherwise, I need to be the captain of my own ship, and weather/calendar/notifications, or whatever combination, is not what I need to be looking at whenever the phone comes on.

    Otherwise, I'm very happy with my Pre
  8. jason2851's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    Longtime Palm user, firstime smartphone owner.
    So, I don't know exactly what's possible.

    I have a busy, flexible, dynamic work and personal schedule, and see no need for a homepage. The main reason for this is that I would require 3-5 (or more) homepages depending on what "mode" I was in at the time. Full-on work, full-on personal, family time, flex, and I can't realistically schedule each of those modes, I just drift from one to the next. Therefore it's best, at least I think it is, to keep an open pallete kind of desktop, and open apps as needed. If some of you power users can convince me that there's a homepage app or even a competing phone OS that would intelligently change a start page based on trends and activities, I would consider going that direction. Otherwise, I need to be the captain of my own ship, and weather/calendar/notifications, or whatever combination, is not what I need to be looking at whenever the phone comes on.

    Otherwise, I'm very happy with my Pre
    I believe HTC's Sense UI has different homepage scenes (sets of homepages that change with time) depending on home/work settings- you customize each of these scenes to your liking.
    Last edited by jason2851; 12/26/2009 at 12:18 AM. Reason: clarity
  9. neve's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jason2851 View Post
    I believe HTC's Sense UI has different homepage scenes (sets of homepages that change with time) depending on home/work settings- you customize each of these scenes to your liking.
    Right, but then I'd have to schedule the homepage according to time, and for me that's a deal-breaker. If the wizards can figure out how to trend it according to the content in my calendar, I'll take a second look, but I suspect that'll take another jump in evolutionary smartness.
    Last edited by neve; 12/26/2009 at 12:36 AM. Reason: clarity
  10. #30  
    I've had palms and winmo's and got my chic her moment for christmas. And I dont miss a home screen at all. I think its nice to have a full clean wallpaper up. I have to launch bar gone patch also, really nice, really clean. I'm a power user, and I have never found a need to leave cards open for more then a couple of minutes, I have everything I need in a flick.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by jason2851 View Post
    Would you like the idea of having one?
    yes i would
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by jason2851 View Post
    I believe HTC's Sense UI has different homepage scenes (sets of homepages that change with time) depending on home/work settings- you customize each of these scenes to your liking.
    You can do it in three button presses and five seconds to change all seven screens.
  13. dwhall's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #33  
    Can someone explain exactly what constitutes a *Home Screen*? I have both the Pre and The Droid. As I have said before in a previous post, my pre was my first ever smart phone and my Droid is the second and I have no other phones to compare too. Should the question here be about the pre having the ability to run widgets on it's main screen or do people want to have multiple screens with widget support along with their multiple launchers? When I am using my droid I miss the card system and when I am using my pre I kind of miss the multiple screen setup of the droid. I too leave multiple cards open on the pre but it seems that it would be a tad less resource intensive to have the ability to run widgets with basic functionality. I guess we are getting to the point that people want to have *Everything* built into their phones. I personally would like a microwave in mine :P
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    You can do it in three button presses and five seconds to change all seven screens.
    I saw that in the Smartphone Round Robin, and loved it, but honestly, the only things i need on my "home screen" are weather and my next appointment.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    I saw that in the Smartphone Round Robin, and loved it, but honestly, the only things i need on my "home screen" are weather and my next appointment.
    I wonder if someone could build an app that pulls weather from your favorite source and the appointment from your calendars? Maybe they could make it in some way harder to close than other apps, or "sticky" somehow. Just a thought.



    Or, a "smart wallpaper" that has code in it to show those things on the wallpaper. Oh wait, that would be a home screen.
  16. #36  
    i miss the homescreen.maybe it's possible to build an app like intelliscreen for the iphone,where you can see your appointments,the weather etc on the lockscreen.would be great.
  17. laze's Avatar
    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    #37  
    Do not miss having a home screen, I simply keep the applications I use frequently open as cards.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
  18. #38  
    Yeah, I like the Windows Mobile home screen!
  19. jason2851's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Yeah, I like the Windows Mobile home screen!
    I like the HTC HD2 weather app! The animated weather is very eye-pleasing; sadly I don't think our Pres would be able to hand that...
  20. #40  
    Still, its very cool. HTC knows what they're doing when it comes to their recent UIs. Bravo to them
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions