Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Today I used the micro usb to connect my pre to a samsung hdtv. Pics and music play great. Album art is displayed when playing music. I guess thats the metadata on the actual file. Does anyone know if AV cables are available for the pre. it would be great to watch live streaming (i.e. NFL game) from the pre to the TV. There is a program for iphone called screensplitr that makes this feature available.
    That would be cool to stream and/or play videos from the Pre straight to the tv.
    How did you view the pictures and music with the micro usb on the tv?
    the samsungs have a "usb" mode if you will...cant remember what its called...oh maybe wiselink or something. It prompt you for usb mode on the pre right dvigilante1?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  5.    #5  
    yeah the samsung has a feature called wiselink. USB option pops on the screen. its kinda nifty
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    yeah the samsung has a feature called wiselink. USB option pops on the screen. its kinda nifty
    I dont know if this always worked. I have a samsung and i could have sworn i tried to get it to work on 1.1 and it didnt....I will attempt again as soon as i get home. Working on xmas is lame.

Under conectivity for HDTVs, Sumsung's site has USB 2.0 View photos from your digital camera, USB memory stick or memory cards, and listen to MP3 music. So they can access USB drive files.

No video out from the Pre at the moment, although the CPU has that capability.
    Last edited by johncc; 01/07/2010 at 09:36 PM.
    yeah, maybe it was just video that didnt work and i gave up on it because thats all i really wanted to see...IDK, but its nice to have a big screen samsung my pre plays nice with! Thanks for reminding me op!

I just got a Philips 3000 series with a USB yesterday with the ability to listen to MP3 and view pictures. I plugged my Pre into it and... nothing. The TV didn't even recognize that it existed. Any ideas if there's a patch or anything I need on the phone's end to make it recognizable?
    Samsung has that feature, don't know about Phillips.
    Cool. I had thought about trying to hook up my phone to my Panasonic Bluray player, but hadn't bothered since it did not work with my WDTV player. After reading this, I plugged it in, selected USB drive mode, and wha-la, the player popped up a menu asking if I wanted to view pictures or play music. Both work, and the pictures upscale surprisingly well -- I was particularly impressed with the screen shots, they weren't all pixelated like I was expecting. The Bluray player did an excellent job making the camera pics look good too. With the Pre's rather slow USB transfer, it takes a while for the image thumbnails to load up, and navigating the folder tree is rather slow too, but it is indeed functional if you wanted to show someone some pictures you had taken on your phone and not have to huddle around a 3" screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conect11 View Post
    I just got a Philips 3000 series with a USB yesterday with the ability to listen to MP3 and view pictures. I plugged my Pre into it and... nothing. The TV didn't even recognize that it existed. Any ideas if there's a patch or anything I need on the phone's end to make it recognizable?
    When you first connect a Pre it's in "Just Charge" mode even while it's prompting you for what to do. In that mode it looks like a drive with no disk/card in it, that could be throwing off your Phillips. Try pressing Fn-Sym-U on the Pre after it's plugged in to the TV. No guarantee it'll work but it's worth a shot...

Edit: Oh, and turn off developer mode if you've got it on. In developer mode the Pre shows up as a compound USB device with both drive and novacom features, with dev mode off it's just a simple drive.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    Edit: Oh, and turn off developer mode if you've got it on. In developer mode the Pre shows up as a compound USB device with both drive and novacom features, with dev mode off it's just a simple drive.
    Hadn't thought about developer mode. It didn't affect my Bluray player, but I can see where it might throw off a host that didn't know how to handle it.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Not to sound like to much of a ahole, but stream a sports game that's already on TV through your phone to the TV

Seems dumb or am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Not to sound like to much of a ahole, but stream a sports game that's already on TV through your phone to the TV

Well, the majority (I believe) of cable subscribers don't get the NFL network, so there are a few games many can only watch on Sprint TV/NFL Mobile Live.

But since that isn't even possible now, we are just talking about viewing your phone pics on the TV (the most practical use) or playing your MP3s (which isn't particularly useful, unless newer car stereos can also connect and navigate your music)

Yeah, you are missing something. Not everybody has NFL network, and the games that are shown on the NFL app are NFL network games. So, for a lot of people, the games are not on TV.

I agree. All my music and all my pictures are on my HTPC which is connected to my TV anyway. Is the nation far from this?

Now i liked the days of having full screen access for my phone on my PC, I could easily use the phone (Treo) from my keyboard, monitor and mouse.
  18.    #18  

You must not watch sports. The NBA and NFL only show games that are in your market. Unless it's a big market team like new york or dallas. The sprint NFL app enables users to watch games for free.
    You can stream tv/musci/movies trough winampremote. For tv you need a video capture card to save tv to your computer. Once you have that going open winamp remote and it will feed what you are recording to your cell phone.
  20.    #20  
    on a side note I saw an htc phone at best buy that had a hdmi port on the phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast