Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    You must not watch sports. The NBA and NFL only show games that are in your market. Unless it's a big market team like new york or dallas. The sprint NFL app enables users to watch games for free.
    NO your right I don't(like watching over payed hyped players only playing for money and not the love of the game ya I have better things to do), but my though process is the shows being streamed to the phone are of crap quality and made for the small screens of the phone. Also a PC/Laptop would be way better at doing it. Other than not having cable or satellite how do you not have access to one of the major sport packages offered?

Seriously to me this is like buying a car and when fuel gauge hits 1/4 tank I walk to the station and fill a can then walk home and fill the car to save $.35 it would have cost to drive there.
    Last edited by helidos; 01/04/2010 at 02:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    NO your right I don't(like watching over payed hyped players only playing for money and not the love of the game ya I have better things to do), but my though process is the shows being streamed to the phone are of crap quality and made for the small screens of the phone. Also a PC/Laptop would be way better at doing it. Other than not having cable or satellite how do you not have access to one of the major sport packages offered?

Seriously to me this is like buying a car and when fuel gauge hits 1/4 tank I walk to the station and fill a can then walk home and fill the car to save $.35 it would have cost to drive there.
    Go back and read my post -- some packages (NFL Network in particular) are simply not available on cable in some markets due to cable operators not bowing down to the NFL's demands to carry it on a basic tier. Even if it is available on satellite, there are be reasons people choose cable over satellite that may outweigh this. You're right on one point -- it would probably look terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    When you first connect a Pre it's in "Just Charge" mode even while it's prompting you for what to do. In that mode it looks like a drive with no disk/card in it, that could be throwing off your Phillips. Try pressing Fn-Sym-U on the Pre after it's plugged in to the TV. No guarantee it'll work but it's worth a shot...

Edit: Oh, and turn off developer mode if you've got it on. In developer mode the Pre shows up as a compound USB device with both drive and novacom features, with dev mode off it's just a simple drive.
    well, it got further than before, but by that I mean it flashes the "just charge screen" and then it's back to nothing. Now to sound like a complete *****... which key is "Fn?" Or is that as in "effin" lol?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Not trying to bash, but I just hook up my pre to my radio and bam. Why hook it up to a screen then to a radio/home theater to listen to music?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malix View Post
    Not trying to bash, but I just hook up my pre to my radio and bam. Why hook it up to a screen then to a radio/home theater to listen to music?
    If this is in reference to my hooking my Pre to my HTC, it is not to listen to music from the Pre but to put any music from my HTC on the Pre or any video or pictures.. Or any TV that has been recorded by the HTC connected to the TV. The HTC is the source of everything, (except pictures taken by the Pre) which get transferred on the the HTC.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Today I used the micro usb to connect my pre to a samsung hdtv. Pics and music play great. Album art is displayed when playing music. I guess thats the metadata on the actual file. Does anyone know if AV cables are available for the pre. it would be great to watch live streaming (i.e. NFL game) from the pre to the TV. There is a program for iphone called screensplitr that makes this feature available.
    No, I was referring to him. Why hook up all that just to ear music on your TV? Sounds like a waste of time and electricity. In your case, it has logic to do something like that since you are actually getting something in and out.

As for the app he asks for, that would be something cool, which I myself would use.
    palm needs to make an av connect device.. it would be ridiculously awesome.. especially with flash coming out.. there would be no more need for an htpc (home theather pc), you can have a HTPRE.. watch hulu and do all sorts of things while viewing on you tv..

and since i dont think the jack could output video, that would mean they would need like a bluetooth device.. so then you could wireless control from your couch to tv.. damn that would be sexy..

palm get on it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12