Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Hi everyone

I live in Spain, Ive had the pre for around 10 days now

Ive always been able to see the App catalog through the phone, but I only get like a 100 or so... And through preware quite a few more, around 300... Is there a way for me to see more, i heard there are like 900 of them

A friend of mine here in Spain was able to download accuweather once, i never got to see that one... Now he cant find it either in his phone in tha app catalog (all though he still has it installed)... I really would love to have that one since I travel a lot.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by pantiko View Post
    Hi everyone

I live in Spain, Ive had the pre for around 10 days now

Ive always been able to see the App catalog through the phone, but I only get like a 100 or so... And through preware quite a few more, around 300... Is there a way for me to see more, i heard there are like 900 of them

A friend of mine here in Spain was able to download accuweather once, i never got to see that one... Now he cant find it either in his phone in tha app catalog (all though he still has it installed)... I really would love to have that one since I travel a lot.

Cheers
    I think this should be moved to the GSM thread, because in other countries, im pretty sure they use the GSM version of the Pre, and not all countries have access to the US store, which has the aforementioned 900-ish apps. The best you can do is wait until the next update, which may bring the apps out of the US store and into the others. Until then, Homebrew is nice :3
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Thanks Kirk

Im flying to Chicago tomorrow, maybe I can find more apps once Im there... Will only stay 24 hours though

BTW, ive taken a look at the App link above and have seen what Im missing... What does "Available via Repository" mean?

Cheers
    it means you can get them only through the Homebrew or Preware catalogues, not through the App catalogue.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Bit confused now... I thought Homebrew and Preware were the same thing

Are they 2 different things and can get apps from both?... Can I have them both installed if so?
    Preware is an app used to get Homebrew applications. Homebrew just means apps made by us users.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Oh ok... I understand now

thx guys