1.    #1  
    Every time I plug my Pre into my computer, the Found New Hardware Wizard pops up on the computer screen. Sometimes it's Novacom, sometimes it's USB Ethernet Gadget, etc. Is there a driver or something that needs to be installed on my computer to prevent these continual popups every time I plug the phone in? I have Novacom installed already.
    i have no idea what causes it. but, i'm not a techy. i know that my work computer (PC) does it every time too, and my laptop (Mac) never does. it's a pain because i use my phone so much that i usually charge it back to 100% before i leave work.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmatlosz View Post
    turn off dev mode...
    for sure? i feel like i've had to have tried it before when it wasn't, but maybe i'm wrong...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmatlosz View Post
    turn off dev mode...
    Do I lose any options by disabling dev mode? I'm constantly using Preware and modding the phone. I also use WebOS Quick Install 2.9. Do I need dev mode enabled for either of these?
    Same Im getting the same problem... and also I sometimes hardly get a solid connection... sometimes it would disable itself from the computer and Id have to unplug and replug serveral times just for it to connect right... BLAH but yeah. I have Win7 and Vista... but at work when I connect it to a Win XP... for some reason it doesnt do that crap.... weird... ??? o well
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    Do I lose any options by disabling dev mode?
    Well, it's said that leaving dev mode always enabled is a security risk so if you don't need it, turn it off. You can always enable it later.

You don't have to type the code all the time either, there's a "Dev Mode Launcher" app available allows you to enable/disable dev mode whenever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    I'm constantly using Preware and modding the phone. I also use WebOS Quick Install 2.9. Do I need dev mode enabled for either of these?
    You don't need it enabled for Preware but I believe you need it enabled when using WebOS QI.