Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think this is a problem with UBERKERNEL now. Unipsycho is concentrating too much on 2.1 and forgets a lot of us still love 1.4.5 it has to be uberkernel because I unistalled it to put another kernel and after removing uberkernel my wifi does not work anymore either. I installed uber back again but my wifi is still dead. Please unipsycho, can you fix that bug? It's some of us with the same problem now so it's gotta be a bug on that kernel now. I will unistall uber right now and then install delta to see what happens as well. I'll report back.
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    I think this is a problem with UBERKERNEL now. Unipsycho is concentrating too much on 2.1 and forgets a lot of us still love 1.4.5 it has to be uberkernel because I unistalled it to put another kernel and after removing uberkernel my wifi does not work anymore either. I installed uber back again but my wifi is still dead. Please unipsycho, can you fix that bug? It's some of us with the same problem now so it's gotta be a bug on that kernel now. I will unistall uber right now and then install delta to see what happens as well. I'll report back.
    +1...No wi-fi or preview on camera.
    now it doesn't let me download any kernel but uber... Hmmmm
    anyone else same problem?
    No. I removed Uber and rebooted, then tried Delta Dagger.
    hmm mine won't download any kernel anymore. I'm without wifi now. Might have to doctor. Just waiting on Rod to see my post on uberkernel thread so that he can tell me if there's a fix or just doctor.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I am having similar problems. Strange that some of us all of a sudden are having similar issues. My Uberkernel seemed to have unistalled somehow and then wouldn't reinstall, then I noticed my WIFI wouldn't turn on and that's when I did a search and found this thread. None of the experimental kernels will install either. I am in the process of downloading WebOS Doctor and will try that route. I'm kinda nervous because I have never doctored my launch day Pre.
    yes it is uber kernel causing the problem. Your wifi will not work unless you doctor your phone. Make sure you open up your backup application and select 'backup' and then go to hp website and find the doctor. I just did it and my wifi is working. Don't be scared. Once I doctored my phone, I had all of my contacts, all of my bookmarks and all of my pictures. The only thing you will lose is your text messages but who cares about that. And once and for all I downloaded the sr71 kernel and my phone loves it. Everything opens so much faster, way........ Faster! With 1.2ghz my pre is working great. I recommend getting that kernel. My battery life is amzing with it too. A lot of people just freak out but it is the best kernel for the phone.
    Good for you! My battery is kinda hurting now. I might try the SR71...on second thought I saw some of the other notes about it. I have a pre minus and might be pushing my luck. I'll have to read more about them first.
    Last edited by ericwhitenack; 08/06/2011 at 07:59 PM.
    yes I think if you are lucky enough, the sr71 will go through but I've heard bad stories how that kernel makes the pre not boot anymore so yea. If you don't risk it, you will never find out. You gotta take your chances, ya know?
    Same problem after going back to Uberkernal. Doctor'd phone and all is good now. Good luck only takes about 15-20 min. to complete. Camera viewing is back and so is WiFi. Did you also have a problem with your system sounds not working sometimes?????
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    never had that problem. Just the wifi and kernels couldn't download.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I completed the Doctor. I didn't do the backup to my laptop, but did have Save/Restore up to date, so most of my information was fine. I'm running th F102A Kernel and everything seems good. How risky is the SR71 kernel on the Pre -?
    well it depends on ur pre- but 1GHZ or 1.2ghz is just almost same although I do notice my apps open much faster than with other kernels. So far my pre- likes the sr71 I have heard scary stories about the pre- not booting anymore and your onlu salvation would be to doctor it again. Hey, if you don't risk it then how would you know? That's what I did and my booted just fine.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I'm glad I found this thread. I recently installed the uberkernel update and my wifi went out too. I simply removed it and everything is working again. I didn't have to doctor or do any partial resets.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12