1.    #1  
    I have seen the new LG commercials that have a phone that features a projector! I thought that is one of the coolest things I have seen on a phone. I actually do watch TV on my phone. I don't have the NFL Network on my cable provider so the wife and I have to watch the Thru. night games on the phone. The new smart phones are amazing, but I guess the biggest down side is the small screens. How I would love to be able to project shows, the web, videos, heck anything on a wall or other surface and see my screen "full" sized. It is obvious the Pre does not have the necessary hardware, but does anyone know if there is a stand alone attachment projector for our phone? Or if there is one in the works?
    Yeah I love that commercial, note the fine print at the bottom of the screen "Image simulated and enhanced".
    That projector for the LG is an add-on. Google it, u'll see.
    Yes it is an add on but how would it hook up to the Pre?Microvision: Pico Projector Displays I wonder if the Pre will be compatible
  5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I fail to see the utility of a projector attached to a phone.
    I don't fail to see the need you could watch videos and movies etc. If it worked with the Pre I would be one of the first buyers.
    Useless. Lumens are too low, unless you will only use it in near to complete darkness and projection will only be clear at 10" max.
    yea but even to see the video at 10'' feet would be good if you are trying to pass time or want the kids to be quiet.
    Last edited by mamouton; 12/24/2009 at 09:00 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Xyg, I guess you are kidding. How else would it be so easy to display photos and videos to a group of friends or family at the same time (without having to crowd around a small screen or pass the phone around for each picture).
    alex, this is new technology...it will improve. I guess I'm an older guy, but I remember when cell phones did not even exist!
    And mamouton, as a father...I think you understand. Hell we have video now, why not ask for the sky...
  10. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HMCH View Post
    Xyg, I guess you are kidding. How else would it be so easy to display photos and videos to a group of friends or family at the same time (without having to crowd around a small screen or pass the phone around for each picture).
    alex, this is new technology...it will improve. I guess I'm an older guy, but I remember when cell phones did not even exist!
    And mamouton, as a father...I think you understand. Hell we have video now, why not ask for the sky...
    Hopefully you can get the room in which you're showing your photos and videos pitch black. Wouldn't it make more sense for a regular A/V out so you can plug into a TV or real projector?

Besides, there are no hardware jacks for such a thing on either the Pre or the Pixi, so it doesn't matter much.
    Well looking at the Pico page they have micro usb out so who knows. If it is possible great if not oh well. But like HMCH said why not ask for the sky. Everything begins with a dream or thought so who knows what is possible.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    while I do agree its cool, I dnt think it would b that clear. That being said, it is new technology and I would like to see this in a future Pre when the technology grows. How many people can say they have a projector on their phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Hopefully you can get the room in which you're showing your photos and videos pitch black. Wouldn't it make more sense for a regular A/V out so you can plug into a TV or real projector?

Besides, there are no hardware jacks for such a thing on either the Pre or the Pixi, so it doesn't matter much.
    A/V out would definitely be the way to go, especially since the CPU can do it. Video can be output via USB and the audio via the headphone socket. That would be a Pre 2 hardware enhancement though.
    if you look it up online they have had one of those out in the orient for some time now wether it be china korea or japan im not sure . but its been out for a while just not here in america .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    PCMag on this phone and said it was pretty impressive. I wouldn't mind that accessory with whatever phone I have.
    There is no video-out capability on the Palm Pre, people. My jollies.