Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by tricex2 View Post
    Call me a skeptic but I'm still wondering about the time discrepency in the photos.
    Huh? why? If you want I can talk another pic. Not sure what that will prove but I don't mind the extra work.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    No way would they release now with minimal staff over xmas/new year. Most software houses run a code freeze in december!
    word!
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM313 View Post
    do apps open up better-fast
    I don't see a notable difference but it never bothered me before anyways.
    OP, you are the chosen one
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Don't be hatin' on the OP, it was probably just a glitch like the people who had Yahoo IM before everyone else. If palm had the need to update the OS a whole 0.0.4 up than I'm sure the file size would have been bigger.
    @oridian since you don't mind the extra work:

take all 3 different pages (with the device info page), and show all the time to be identical on all 3 pages

that would prove once and for all the legitamcy
    i declare shnagins
    Quote Originally Posted by lenmac08 View Post
    OP, you are the chosen one
    I did wrong and sorry I went off topic. Windzilla was right.

Sorry Santa. I will be good. Can I have 1.3.5 now.
  9.    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvintimothyjr View Post
    word!
    The upgrades might have been done when everyone was at work. Releasing something during this time might actually help sales (fix known bugs) and tip the scale if someone wasn't sure on buying a webOS device.

Again, if someone is in Toronto/GTA, please try to update your device. I find it hard to believe that I am the only one as well.
    Last edited by oridian; 12/24/2009 at 02:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    We can't have two in the world. The one says that he is a President of the USA. One is enough.
    off topic!

OP if you do make a video, please show yourself actually scrolling too, and opening, the device info icon, so that we can be assured its not a screenshot that you photo-shopped and then loaded back onto the pre, displayed, and took a picture of.

thats the proof.

sorry if your totally legit, but you know, its the internet and all so people live to yell FAKE!
    There are four lights.
    Or perhaps a video? That'd be the pinnacle of legit as far as I'm concerned.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    @OP:
    You ARE gonna play the lottery today, right? That IS of course, if ur not lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    @OP:
    You ARE gonna play the lottery today, right?
    hel yeah the pick 3 135
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Well, I have to say, the screen shot of the device info page does look legit. I suppose it could be Photoshopped, but a standard screenshot vs. a picture of a screen would seem easier to fake. So, I'm going to go ahead and pretend it's real--I have an hour to blow off before I can leave work for the holiday season.

OP - Do you notice any new applications, such as a video recorder app? Is Flash working? Is the UI and/or apps any snappier?
    I am not saying the OP is lying. But it is easy to photoshop a screenshot, view the fake pic on the Pre & then use a camera to take an image of the phone displaying the fake screenshot.

If it's real, we'll get it soon. If this is all fake, screw it...We'll get the real update soon.
    Follow Me On

I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post

OP if you do make a video, please show yourself actually scrolling too, and opening, the device info icon, so that we can be assured its not a screenshot that you photo-shopped and then loaded back onto the pre, displayed, and took a picture of.
    How can I make a video without showing the world my phone number and customer specific device information? I there is a screen that does not have my personal info on it, I can make a video no problem.

If possible, I will do it tonight, just need some time.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    @oridian since you don't mind the extra work:

take all 3 different pages (with the device info page), and show all the time to be identical on all 3 pages

that would prove once and for all the legitamcy

That would relieve most of my skepticism.
    One can find consistency even in inconsistency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I am not saying the OP is lying. But it is easy to photoshop a screenshot, view the fake pic on the Pre & then use a camera to take an image of the phone displaying the fake screenshot.

If it's real, we'll get it soon. If this is all fake, screw it...We'll get the real update soon.
    Could be the case, but the fact that is shows the progress bar as "unpacking" and is about at 1/5, adds a little to the legitimacy. Unless he happened to find a picture of that screen for a previous update, or screen captured to pic himself during a previous update, thats kinda difficult to fake.
    easy.

as soon as you get to the device info page, but your finger on your # to hide it...
  20. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    I'm not questioning the OP. Probably another carrier/palm **** up leak to one or two lucky punters. OP needs to stay online for 24hrs now to tell us what's new
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast