1.    #1  
    well i just got into the whole homebrew/preware thing and i was just wondering whether or not there was a thread specifically for the these clueless about how to prep for an update. you know, what needs to be deleted and how to delete it.
    Last edited by LC_3720; 12/24/2009 at 10:37 AM.
    Actually, there is: http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes. To prepare for an update, remove themes and patches before updating. If, for some reason, you update without having done so, run Emergency Patch Recovery in Preware (go to List of Everything, type 'emer', run it, reboot) immediately afterwards and you should be all set.

I don't mean to sound snarky, but a search of the forum would also have turned up an answer very quickly. Sometimes searching is the most efficient way of getting questions answered.
    I ♥ my Pre.
    dont worry just remove theme and run emergency patch recovery and your set
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    Actually, there is: [url] To prepare for an update, remove themes and patches before updating. If, for some reason, you update without having done so, run Emergency Patch Recovery in Preware (go to List of Everything, type 'emer', run it, reboot) immediately afterwards and you should be all set.

I don't mean to sound snarky, but a search of the forum would also have turned up an answer very quickly. Sometimes searching is the most efficient way of getting questions answered.
    now I don't mean to sound "snarky" and I got things like the link that you posted. I'm not asking about how-to's, I'm past that. I'm asking what do I in order to be set to download any future updates, preparing for and update. As far, what exactly to delete and things of that nature. But thanks anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by LC_3720 View Post
    now I don't mean to sound "snarky" and I got things like the link that you posted. I'm not asking about how-to's, I'm past that. I'm asking what do I in order to be set to download any future updates, preparing for and update. As far, what exactly to delete and things of that nature. But thanks anyway.
    just like i said before dont worry just remove theme and run emergency patch recovery and your set
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    just like i said before dont worry just remove theme and run emergency patch recovery and your set
    thanks, I appreciate the help.
    no prob if i helped dont forget there is a thanks button