Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just thought id say. so i was at the mall today, well you know those stands with the annoying people that try to sell you stuff? well today i was walking in the mall and am about to go past an AT&T stall going to a store. Of course as always one of the guys stops me and asks me what service i have and what phone in sportin. so i let him know its sprint and i have the pre. he says
    "Seriously? thats cool, are you satisfied with sprint?"
    i reply, "Eh ya their ok"
    so we talk for a sec and he asks me some stuff, says he was thinking about getting the pre but didnt know because he had always been a fan of palm but since they come out with something new he wants all the bugs to get taken out before he goes and buys it. I let him know mine works great and he asks me to show him it and some of the features. I let him know ive made a couple of apps for it and he says, "really??? wow ive never actually met someone thats done that!" i was just thinkin wow no life??? so i showed him some of the apps i have been workin on to release lately and he asks me if i recommend the pre for him. I said ya only catch is you have to use sprint and cant use AT&T (the company he works for) he says ya i know and then says he'd go checkout about getting one! haha so he says thanks and i walk off. While im walking away who comes out of the stall but his manager lol and his manager asks the employee i was talking to if he thinks the phone was good and if he should get one too. At this point im about ready to drop to the floor laughing that i just converted two employee's of AT&T to the pre lol. As some great stuff i just thought id share.
    just shows even their employees are willing to lose the ridiculous costs and hop on the webos bandwagon
  3.    #3  
    lol yup. that had to of made my day,
    I had a similar thing happen to me. I was an early adopter of the Samsung Instinct(bad move by me.). The sprint store had no cases for it, so I was looking around the mall. I walked in the AT&T store, and was looking for cases that might fit the phone. The rep asked what kind of phone I had, and I said "Oh, I'm with Sprint." It turns out the rep did too, and also owned the Instinct. He said I wasn't the first to come looking in his store for an Instinct case, and so he made his own label, and labeled a spot on the wall for the case that fit the Instinct!

Then again, I think it is like the person who cooks at a restaurant will never eat there when not working. Or that AT&T gives really crappy employee discounts.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I have a friend of mine that works for AT&T who rocks the Palm PrPrPr&#$275$; $lol$. $He$ $always$ $comes$ $in$ $on$ $his$ $lunch$-$break$ $to$ $pay$ $his$ $bill$. $Sprint$'$s$ $plans$ $are$ $difficult$ $to$ $compete$ $with$ $the$ $any$ $mobile$ $anytime$ $is$ $epic$!
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by tekeler View Post
    I let him know ive made a couple of apps for it and he says, "really??? wow ive never actually met someone thats done that!" i was just thinkin wow no life???
    Or he could just get the Pre GSM Version like I am planning to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    Exactly....He has no life because he dosent use all these different kind of apps? Wouldnt it be the opposite, maybe hes not a tech nerd.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by solidkevin View Post
    Or he could just get the Pre GSM Version like I am planning to do.
    He wants to save money though
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    He wants to save money though
    I guess you are right, lol the GSM version gos for like $600 on eBay, I doubt most people are going to pay that for any phone.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I guess you are right, lol the GSM version gos for like $600 on eBay, I doubt most people are going to pay that for any phone.
    Not to mention the price plans and the any-mobile-anytime... hard to touch with any other carrier.
    Not to mention the price plans and the any-mobile-anytime... hard to touch with any other carrier.
    Yea I like Verizons plans, only thing that sucks is that certain phones are CDMA or GSM only preventing you from using them if you have a certain carrier, oh well everything cant be perfect!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Yea I like Verizons plans, only thing that sucks is that certain phones are CDMA or GSM only preventing you from using them if you have a certain carrier, oh well everything cant be perfect!
    Grass is greener on the other side as always. I like the flexibility of GSM phones (just swap a SIM card) but am not a fan of the carriers that are associated with them. What plan do you like with VZW? Do they have something new out that I am not aware of?
    Grass is greener on the other side as always. I like the flexibility of GSM phones (just swap a SIM card) but am not a fan of the carriers that are associated with them. What plan do you like with VZW? Do they have something new out that I am not aware of?
    Excuse me, I meant sprint lol There is nothing of interest over at verizon imo, not to mention very expensive.
    @tekeler - not to bust on you or anything but based on how you structured your original post, I can definitely tell you're a programmer. I think I got lost about 3 times reading your story before getting back on track, wait a second and then an "oh yea...that's what he meant". ;-)
    That's Funny. I got involved with sprint when I tried to get an IPhone. They checked my credit and it wasn't good enough for them. So the guy says sprint is alot better at taking people and I should go see this guy over their. He actually walked me over there, stood with me and I guess his buddy, and I got me signed up with a plan.
    I love it, AT&T defectors. My father has an Iphone and I got the Pre, so we always have some interesting arguments about things related to our phones, like clash of the titans in our living room.
    My family has been using Sprint ever since I learned what a cellphone is, and after almost ten years of service, we still haven't found a reason to defect. It's always interesting talking to friends with different carriers with horrendous plans. It makes my day when i can say "Yea, sprint does this, and I don't have to pay. What about your service?"
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    +1 My thoughts exactly.

OMG, I have no life! I don't know anyone who creates apps for smartphones! Where's the cyanide-laced kool-aid??????
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    +1 My thoughts exactly.

OMG, I have no life! I don't know anyone who creates apps for smartphones! Where's the cyanide-laced kool-aid??????
    i was just marveled at how he said it. "Wow really?, Ive never gotten the chance to meet someone who has made one of those." Was just kinda like wow not that amazing, thousands of people make em for the pre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast