1.    #1  
    So I went to delete a chat conversation and sure enough it got that glitch where all it did was hide the damn contact.

So I had to restore the phone. Lucky me, the damn restore lost ALL of my contacts, ALL of my saved notes, and ALL of my calendar events.

I'm SO FURIOUS it's ridiculous. I don't even know what to think right now. I still can't believe Palm/Sprint hasn't fixed that goddamned pathetic text messaging glitch yet.

And I can't believe the restoration lost all my info.

I've restored it twice, and both back ups are the same.

So am I SOL or what?
    I'm sorry about your luck

but for future reference, when you do that, I believe you're supposed to just delete the contact and re-add it into your phonebook. Worked for me.
  3.    #3  
    This problem shouldn't exist at all in the first place!
    In the future, save a copy of /usr/lib/luna/PalmDatabase.db3 yourself before doing any wiping.

For now, call palm and gripe and talk about class action lawsuits in California and see if they can give you anything.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I also had the same thing happen to me while playing around with the smart reflex patch which caused my phone to reset my profile info.

It seems like palm's backup system really sucks. I mean they can't have a better system for backing up contacts?

Now I just save all of my contacts and calendar information with google.
    For Future reference back up ur contacts via google... This issue has been pointed out a long time ago.. Never keep all ur eggs in one basket.. U are kinda SOL..
    No, you're NOT S.O.L., just call Palm customer support (I don't have the number handy, but check their website) and tell them about your problem. Level 1 customer support may have to transfer you to tech support, but they WILL be able to manually send you an update from the last time you had all of your data. It is frustrating, but they will retreieve your data. Good luck and post back here to let us know what happens. And in the future, set your default backup for new contacts to Google as their system appears to be more reliable.
  8. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    See: inconsistent state between phone and server. They should be able to salvage your contacts.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    In the future, save a copy of /usr/lib/luna/PalmDatabase.db3 yourself before doing any wiping.
    is that on the phone? I've connected it through USB and do not see that anywhere.
  10. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    is that on the phone? I've connected it through USB and do not see that anywhere.
    See the article that was published on PreCentrals front page on the subject.

http://www.precentral.net/how-back-y...le-information