1.    #1  
    Finally just bought an external battery charger with 2 extra batteries on ebay for $20. Best investment ever. All you have to do is when the first phone battery dies is put the new fully charged one in. And if things get real crazy I even have a third! Yeah I know I have to carry an extra battery or 2 around but it is def worth it. Never have to worry about enjoying the phone at all anymore. A lot of people get the extended batteries but I personally don't need a fat back that makes the phone look extra bloated.

So if you were like me always worried about if the phone would last the whole day I recommend getting an extra or 2 to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

P.S. I know I didn't solve anything. The battery is going to stink no matter what gps, or brightness, aim, and all that stuff turned off. But this just helps you enjoy the phone a little bit more.
    Thanks for the advice. I have found keeping an extra battery in every room of the house, one in the car, and one at work to be very helpful.
    ^^

God Damn...lol
    Which battery charger did you get? I have been thinking about doing this but can't decide on which charger to get for the second battery. I had the Instinct before and that was one of my favorite things is that it came with another battery and charger that I just kept in my truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by deltatko1 View Post
    had the Instinct before and that was one of my favorite things is that it came with another battery and charger that I just kept in my truck.
    Ditto! I loved that it automatically came with the 2nd battery and the external charger.

BTW I'm looking for recommendations for the external charger too.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I have the palm oem extra batt charger and it works great. Serves as a case when I'm not charging it.
    Have fun carrying all those batteries around. Ugh the best battery tip for the pre is to turn everything off and don't use ur phone.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    Have fun carrying all those batteries around. Ugh the best battery tip for the pre is to turn everything off and don't use ur phone.
    Real intelligent reply.
  9. ula
    I think that if you are usually either around the home, or at work that you just need 2 touchstones, or maybe a 3rd touchstone in the car. I spend my day commuting (by train for 1 hr each way) leaving at 6:30 am and getting home at 7 pm and i spend quite a bit of time surfing, reading email, playing some games and my battery is at 25%-30% when i get home. I do not currently charge during the day so if I really started hitting charge issues a touchstone at work would resolve all my issues.
    I have a Touchstone at home & work, a car charger, and a charger in my briefcase. I also got an extra battery for free from a friendly Sprint guy.

I almost never use the travel charger or spare battery, but they're nice to have for piece of mind. And it's great to just run my Pre with everything on: GPS, WiFi, "as they arrive" email (none of which seem to have a big effect on battery), as well as AIM and Bluetooth.

Makes for a great, "always connected" experience.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    honestly, a spare battery is always worth it as are chargers.
    I don't know a smartphone power/business user who DOESN'T have at least one of these in stock (except iPhone owners, poor wanks gotta get by with just a charger).

really, sapping the most potential out of your device will sap the battery. that's just the name of the game.

even BB owners carry a spare battery.