Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I'm trying to figure our why my Pre is bogging down and acting sluggish. I have minimal apps installed, but I have a lot of SMS and MMS conversations that I haven't deleted. Could this be causing it?

I noticed that MMS files are stored in a temp folder you can access when using your Pre as a USB device. I don't have near enough to cause an issue with storage space, but I wonder if they are creating the sluggish response.

Has anyone else experienced this???

Btw, I haven't done anything to my Pre outside of the updates pushed by Palm. No homebrew apps either. This is very frustrating for me.
    Well the longer the conversation gets the longer it takes for the device to open that thread. As for it making whole device sluggish, naaa something else in play there.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    not sure if it does or not either, but after my last full erase, i delete messages as they come in or after a day or so... so they don't get overwhelming with the swiping off screen. seems to be doing decent
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    I'm sure eventually past a certain point it will start to be an issue (it is for most phones). But in general, I kinda doubt it. This is because stuff like the email app is horribly slow to open, and I hardly have any emails at all...
    yes, others have reported if they delete them and their emails it makes their pre run faster. i dont have a youtube video to prove this but it is what others have said. i have not experienced a problem.
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley