1.    #1  
    For the people that really hate palm pre you shouldnt at all for all the feature you get for this phone is great. Think about this you can get a was less featured phone and pay a hell of a lot more appreciate what you have and support the devs and palm to make it better. You would prob never pay this much for a phone. Check out the link When Less is Sold as More - SlashGear you should be happy in what you have for the price you paid because phones could be a hell of a lot more expensive for nothing.
    ?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Not sure you had to pay as much as early adopters (that includes me) did... last time I heard, Palm Pre's could be had for as little as $49 some places.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    You really should change the thread title... It's misleading.
  5.    #5  
    Im just tired of hearing people mad at the palm pre this is something to make you appreciate your purchase..
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Cool story hansel.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    you can get a base model run-of-the-mill phone for free...just because you found a phone that costs a insane amount does not really justify anything except that some poor schmuck will end up dropping a grand on a POS phone. in a nutshell, this thread is useless...
    That reads as smooth as a ride down the side of a mountain on a crazy carpet. A little editing work would do it wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by jblake1030 View Post
    For the people that really hate palm pre you shouldnt at all for all the feature you get for this phone is great. Think about this you can get a was less featured phone and pay a hell of a lot more appreciate what you have and support the devs and palm to make it better. You would prob never pay this much for a phone. Check out the link When Less is Sold as More - SlashGear you should be happy in what you have for the price you paid because phones could be a hell of a lot more expensive for nothing.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    That reads as smooth as a ride down the side of a mountain on a crazy carpet. A little editing work would do it wonders.
    LOL. Visions of Disney's Aladdin rushed through my head.
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saabaru View Post
    you can get a base model run-of-the-mill phone for free...just because you found a phone that costs a insane amount does not really justify anything except that some poor schmuck will end up dropping a grand on a POS phone. in a nutshell, this thread is useless...
    Welllll lets look at it this way.....you get WHAT you pay for........last year a purchased a an Instinct (not slamming the phone) but it didn't do nearly the things the palm centro i traded in for it did. Thus I ended up with a so-called smart phone that WASN'T. I love the pre phone. I have never seen a phone advance as fast as this one has......I dont do a lot of games on my phone but still have PLENTY of apps that I do use daily. It's compatiable with all my mail accounts including my work exchange account....so im also in touch...even when I'm out of town. And with the upcoming addition of documents on the go, it'ii be that much better.......I for actually paid the whole $500.00 price tag to get from under an ineffective smartphone to have one that could, should and would do the job. So lets see...as a business profession(alias "SCHMUCK") if it does the job I need it to do its worth it.
    Well said. I think the pre = potential. And lots of it. How many of us bought the pre for it's potential as it has all the right ingrediants to make an awesome phone. Hopefully updates slowly resolve any issues but one things for sure, palm has big competition!
    I think some of the complaints are valid...
    -Widespread hardware failure should not be an issue
    -Potential vs execution (potential only goes so far)
    -Speed for the Pre hardware, everyone knows it's not nearly what it should be.
    -Complete lack of customization on multiple levels
    -etc

The browsing is great and the OS/cards are very nice to use. But as for reliability, customization and speed, so far my BB's have been better, which doesn't make much sense. We'll see how it is after 1.3.5. If the platform in general does not improve by some significant amounts in the next 6 months or so, there is no way Palm is going to gain major traction...
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    I just believe that the will flourish if we continue to have the kind of support I have see at sites like pre-central and pre-themer.....there are alot of that want this platform to succeed and my hats off the app programmers,,theme programmers,,and patch builders that are doing all they can to to issue it does.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I totally agree... Im a former BB user and I completely miss my Curve. I am soo thinking about switching back to it, but I'm trying to hold on and give Palm a chance to bring this phone together.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Not sure you had to pay as much as early adopters (that includes me) did... last time I heard, Palm Pre's could be had for as little as $49 some places.
    At those some places: $49 + tax on FULL price phone($600) + "other fees" = $150

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Sprint.com charges tax on the full priced phone. Better to go with Sprint and pay mail in rebate with a price match at $199.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by ho0lee0h View Post
    At those some places: $49 + tax on FULL price phone($600) + "other fees" = $150

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Sprint.com charges tax on the full priced phone. Better to go with Sprint and pay mail in rebate with a price match at $199.99.
    You're wrong. Doesn't matter how much it costs, Sprint still charges tax.
    Sprint charges tax according to the full phone price...
    Quote Originally Posted by ashtx07 View Post
    I totally agree... Im a former BB user and I completely miss my Curve. I am soo thinking about switching back to it, but I'm trying to hold on and give Palm a chance to bring this phone together.
    Why would anyone that already owns a BB or iPhone switch to an early Pre before everything is stable? If I had a phone that I was already happy with, I wouldn't switch phones unless the new one had what I wanted out of the box.

I had a Treo 700p and Verizon. PalmOS was a dying platform, but I was happy with Verizon. Unexpectedly, I've been happier with Sprint. Expectedly, I do many things with the Pre that I never did with my Treo. Coming to the Pre was based on faith that the Pre would mature to what I wanted and that many of my must have apps would be available.

Although, I can access all of my favorite OS apps through Classic, I find that I actually don't use Classic that much. Especially since I can't listen to my audible books anymore and I find I can do many things directly from the web (on my Pre).