1.    #1  
    i am basically lost in this whole palm world but i need someone to chat with me about getting the touch screen key board on my sons phone i am a newbie to all this can even get themes to download can someone help me as i called the store they said to come here and you all was a friendly site and would walk me thru it. would be helpful if you had a messenger as i get confused easy
    thanks so much will check back in a few
    chris84
    Quote Originally Posted by chris84 View Post
    i am basically lost in this whole palm world but i need someone to chat with me about getting the touch screen key board on my sons phone i am a newbie to all this can even get themes to download can someone help me as i called the store they said to come here and you all was a friendly site and would walk me thru it. would be helpful if you had a messenger as i get confused easy
    thanks so much will check back in a few
    chris84
    well there are a few things to start with, have you read through the guides on the main site? you will want to read them both, and perhaps follow the links and read the first page of discussion on them. lots of great info, and answers to questions you may have in them.

http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes

http://www.precentral.net/getting-started-preware

here is the place to start, if you work through them and still have problems, come on back and we can try to figure out what is going wrong.

when you do so, let us know what specifically you are having difficulty with, and where in the process/steps you are encountering difficulty, as well as what steps you have taken up until that point.

another important reason to start by reading them is that it will save you and the helpful folks here at precentral.net forums from having to explain the vocabulary we might use to make this work for you, the articles should get you comfortable with the terminology and give us a common ground from which we can work.

its amusing that the store is sending people here for advice, makes sense, but its, well, I'm just amused.

cheers!
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Just a heads-up: The touch keyboard doesn't work very well at all. Really. Pretty sure I installed it with WebOS Quick Install though, if you're a glutton for punishment (or rather, your son is).

WebOS Quick Install. Google it, download it, and use it. I think the keyboard part is built in to it, but I could be wrong.
  4.    #4  
    thanks for the info guys will try it :-)
    preware is my preferred method for patching my pre mainly for convenience