Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    The big surprise is that they should be giving a sneak peak into version 2.0 for second gen pre. They are way behind not just apple but android and we are coming up to January and to be in 1-point-anything by next June will be too far behind.

Nexus is coming out and 4th gen iPhone with probably 4.0 sw.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    and they need to open up the bluetooth file transfer and Video support
    Hi Everybody!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by osirus View Post
    YES bluetooth file transfer PLEASE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    I agree completely. I really do think well see it at CES with 1.3.5. They really need this to smooth out there platforms performance issues. Not only will ares boost app creation but if you unlock the GPU and give developers a chance to use it, that will help too.

I have faith Palm will do this soon. Like CES soon. Whos with me?
    I agree. I think unlocking the GPU is the key to unlocking the phone's potential and Palm's potential. If they don't sort a decent update this phone will become old technology. Palm don't want to end up in a position where they unlock simple functions like video recording etc too late and by then there is droid 2 iphone 4gss that have even more functions. The clock of technology can tick very quickly when you don't want it to.
    I think CES will be aimed mainly at the world of developers, and I also think this is a good thing.

Don't forget that improving developer resources will benefit our homebrew community, who historically have been the ones to provide us with the functionality that Palm haven't had the time/resources/inclination to provide.
    How long will Palm continue to support the Pre with Updates? 1 year? 2 years? When will they stop and focus all of their attention on a newer model?
    WebOS is still young. All that time and money spent making it would go to waste if they completely changed it for the next batch of hardware. I think WebOS was designed with a longer life span than a couple years. =O

The Pre's processor isn't being used to it's full potential with WebOS.

The Pixi would be left in the dirt much sooner than the Pre.
  8.    #128  
    They probably will find a way to scale the WebOS updates for 1st generation devices, when they have 2nd or 3rd, just not support a lot of the advanced features, sort of like with the iphone.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    From what Jon has said (in the investor conference call), Palm is sticking to a few devices and updating software over adding more hardware. Hopefully this means more focus on software and we won't have to worry about a new device coming out once a year. While this is nice, especially considering Sprint gives annual upgrades, but the Pre's hardware is pretty high spec.

CES is nearing! We'll find out soon!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Credit goes to huynhc for spotting info on 1.3.5:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2109194

Big surprises? More like huge letdowns.
    BUT...is the sprint changelog showing EVERYTHING? or just a small overview?
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    The changelogs typically don't include everything. There is always small tweaks and changes that are not highlighted. That's why there's the "new features & changes" threads on here so we can post up our findings.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    If history is anything to go by, only a small overview, so don't worry, all those changes uncle Jon talked about are coming very soon.
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Video recording
    Voice dialing
    Voice recording
    Voice command
    Voice translation
    Photoshop
    NPR
    Shazam
    Slacker
    Pocket Informant
    Last.fm
    Qik
    Epicurious
    Allrecipes Dinner Spinner
    ShopSaavy
    Layar
    Spotify
    Rhapsody
    A LOT OF GAMES.
    I can agree with you on most of these features. The voice features are a must to compete with Android . Voice activated phone dialer , Voice recorder and Voice activated Google search are available on most phones.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    Tu Che
    Touché.
    Quote Originally Posted by osirus View Post
    This is off topic, but dude......that pic in your avatar is not you. You're a guy trying to fool everyone with a pic you copied from some website.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Stop asking me about my avatar. Yes its me. Yes I Model. Yes I'm Single. No, Not Looking For A Boyfriend.
    Its like reading is a crime around here...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    This is off topic, but dude......that pic in your avatar is not you. You're a guy trying to fool everyone with a pic you copied from some website.
    I'm not sure if it's you or not. I can say this: The internet has valuable resource tools. If it is in fact you (which, let's be honest—it's probably not), thanks for the pics below. I love nude models!

NSFW: (but the pic is there)

Direct link to sig pic (large version): http://livedoor.2.blogimg.jp/ferrari...c/9cafb57b.jpg

A little searching can get you many more pics, some of which are much more revealing.
    Last edited by buyrihn; 12/28/2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Took out the NSFW content
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    I'm not sure if it's you or not. I can say this: The internet has valuable resource tools. If it is in fact you (which, let's be honest—it's probably not), thanks for the pics below. I love nude models!

NSFW: (but the pic is there)

Direct link to sig pic (large version): http://livedoor.2.blogimg.jp/ferrari...c/9cafb57b.jpg

Link to site where you must do your modeling, right?
    NSFW! Really!
    btw, you just linked to adult material on a pg forum.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    btw, you just linked to adult material on a pg forum.
    Didn't notice some of the pics were as risque as they were. Took it out—thanks.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast