Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Here's my prediction: Whatever Palm does, anything from NOTHING to releasing the iPhone killer, will be met with agnst like we've never seen in this forum. I predict 15 'I'm leaving' threads be posted within 5 minutes of Palm's announcements at CES.
    I'll spot you 20 'Goodbye Palm' threads;

10 'Palm still hasn't expanded access through the SDK and the GPU and as a result Palm is behind and I'm leaving threads;

2 1.3.5 threads concerning the fact that it does not allow for sending 100 or more mass/spam txts therefore I'm leaving threads;

3 Palm didn't announce a 3.7 inch OLED 1G Snapdragon processor 12 megapixel camera with 1080p video recording along with two HDMI ports SDHC port along with 64g of onboard memory phone thread and therefore Palm will fail and I'm leaving threads;

1 Palm didn't introduce a new form factor yet chose to partner with Verizon therefore they're not going in the right direction thread;

and 8 threads about how the Pre + for Verizon is the same old hardware and therefore people will be dissappointed in the problems the Pre has and therefore Palm will make themselves look foolish threads.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by LC_3720 View Post
    my 2 cents: Well as someone said, 1 million units sold in 6 months isn't that bad and I agree. Palm has already stated that things are going as planned, and hey! I believe them. Expanding to others carriers will take care of all the developer needs, and the update will hopefully shutup the unhappy sprint customers. On another note, although I'm anticipating what palm has in store, I would also like to see what the competition has!
    For a phone as hyped as the Pre was..one million in 6 months is disappointing. But what's really concerning is the decline in sales even though Palm increased carriers and the price was cut. Sprint even threw in the any mobile, anytime thing.

Other companies saw increases such as RIM, HTC, Apple, Motorola, etc.

That should bother you if you're invested in Palm. You can't blame the economy as smartphone sales have been defying it.
    Here's my prediction: Whatever Palm does, anything from NOTHING to releasing the iPhone killer, will be met with agnst like we've never seen in this forum. I predict 15 'I'm leaving' threads be posted within 5 minutes of Palm's announcements at CES.
    That's what's known as a "sucker bet". I don't gamble, and even I can recognize that one.
    look it all comes down to publicity of the brand palm ,palm hasnt marketed its product to the rite audience yet those a re the teenagers like me,like appl edid with its ipod and iphone,to succeed palm atleast in europe or atelast in spain where i live need to market its product way more better then it is being marketed rite now for e.g im telling you this as a fact i thinki m a rpoud pre owner and a happy one as well but the other day i went to meet someoneand i had my mobiel in myhand so this guy goesto me hey which phone is that?a chineseh one ! and i go no man its a palm phone called palm pre. he goes aah i palm never heard of them.so i was man where have youbeen living ,but this haoppnes to a lot fo ppl why? becaue palm hasnt made its own proper name atleast not in spain dnt no bout other palces.

im really realyl sorry for my bad english.
    my prediction is that by the end of July. Apple will have a new iphone, with new and expanded hardware, better camera, more storage, and a new iphone os with multitasking and better notifications and becoming available on all U.S. networks. Pre will have same hardware, and 1.3.4 or 1.4.

I think palm i just behind.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    my prediction is that by the end of July. Apple will have a new iphone, with new and expanded hardware, better camera, more storage, and a new iphone os with multitasking and better notifications and becoming available on all U.S. networks. Pre will have same hardware, and 1.3.4 or 1.4.

I think palm i just behind.
    No ******.. they have been behind since 2005ish or so. Fact of the matter is they are catching up now. Its kind of like looking at the guy in the Nascar race in 15th position going OMG he is so far behind while ignoring the fact he was 40th when he started.
    CES is a huge event in its own right. add to that it's the 1 year milestone for the announcement of WebOS and the Pre.

You don't just blow that off.
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    I would love for some earth shattering announcement from Palm that puts the Pre on equal footing with its competitors, and competitors to be. (they MUST think forward. They MUST make a leap.) But sadly, I am pessimistic they will announce anything we really want to hear (GPU and an improved sdk)
    they are going to announce the Pre will now have LED notitfaction

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Wow. I never thought about it that way . Probably because nobody really gives a **** about who's 15th in a race no matter where he started from.
    Well you bought the phone - So I guess some people do.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Wow. I never thought about it that way . Probably because nobody really gives a **** about who's 15th in a race no matter where he started from.
    You dont' follow Nascar, do you? Finishing first is not what it's all about...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You dont' follow Nascar, do you? Finishing first is not what it's all about...
    Yep, it's about watching em crash..
    Man, you know whats to bad, the pre kinda reminds me of sega. They awlays had the first new good tech, but was always behind. Just never caught on. then someone would take what they did, improve on it, and so forth. Like the card thing, innovative? yes. its pretty sweet. But, it will be the new standard, and the other os's are already so far ahead, that when they implement the cards, alot of people will just move on. it's to bad really.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Yep, it's about watching em crash..
    Well, that's part of it, but wasn't my point, though it is connected. Often, those trying for first end up crashing. Those hanging back, doing it consistently, get points. Points add up. Gotta be in the series for the long haul.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    palms having a presentation about the new app dev program
    thats all ive heard about it so far
    anybody going to CES?
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    No ******.. they have been behind since 2005ish or so. Fact of the matter is they are catching up now. Its kind of like looking at the guy in the Nascar race in 15th position going OMG he is so far behind while ignoring the fact he was 40th when he started.
    Catching up? In what sense? Seems to me Apple's adding more customers and selling more phones then Palm is every quarter. Seems to me Apple is pulling away. Nobody give crap about a guy that finishes 15th. He's just another loser. As for Nascar, well i use the patch that covers the Nascar app.

"If you're not first you're last." Ricky Bobby, a big hairy American winning machine
    People on this forum don't get it.

Palm doesn't need to sell more phones than Apple, or Motorola, or Samsung, or Nokia. They have a tiny percentage of the overhead those companies have. They need to sell enough phones to A) stay in business B) eventually turn a profit and C) fund expansion/development so that eventually they can start to compete for bigger market share.

Right now Palm is doing A, with hopes that the Pixi and whatever device succeeds the Pre will achieve B by the end of next year.
    In Nascar there are a series of races. Your team doesn't and can't finish 1st 2nd or even 3rd all the time. But it isn't about that. Its about finishing with enough points through the year to point where you can finish somewhere decent in the championship cup series. You're building up points for you overall standing.

I don't watch Nascar but I understand what they're trying to do. Its not just left turns and trying to see who can clear the checkered flag first.

It's a marathon not a sprint. When you're running you don't start as fast as you can. You pace yourself and then build up as you get to the halfway point of your run. I'm guessing that this is Palm's approach and that the Nascar analogy is an apt one.

But then again I don't have a Pre or Pixi. I'm just looking in from the outside. There is still so much more room for growth in the smartphone market. You can several different companies that are winners at various levels. It's not a zero sum game.
    Last edited by playboy; 12/24/2009 at 07:02 AM.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    they are going to announce the Pre will now have LED notitfaction
    It's posts like this, that make me glad I checked in here this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    People on this forum don't get it.

Palm doesn't need to sell more phones than Apple, or Motorola, or Samsung, or Nokia. They have a tiny percentage of the overhead those companies have. They need to sell enough phones to A) stay in business B) eventually turn a profit and C) fund expansion/development so that eventually they can start to compete for bigger market share.

Right now Palm is doing A, with hopes that the Pixi and whatever device succeeds the Pre will achieve B by the end of next year.
    I surely get it...this has been my thoughts since the announcement of the Pre a year ago. I've always said that it doesn't have to be (nor will anything be) an iPhone killer, it just needs to be an iPhone competitor.

The Pre needed to sell about 1 million by years-end. 1m Pres roughly = Apple's sell through when you compare their market caps.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast