Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    just seen in a uk tech magazine that they ran a test between several smartphones, pushing them to the limit with a combination of gps and youtube streaming.

these were the resultsK

iphone 4h41min
    blackberry 3h46
    motorola dext 3h43
    acer s200 3h23
    htc hero 3h12
    htc hd2 3h00
    palm pre 2h55

don't shoot the messenger but looks like palm have some improvement to make in the next updates.
    What, no link? Makes your post seem made up. Seeing the "iPhone" (whichever model that's supposed to be) with better battery life than the Blackberry (whichever model that's supposed to be) makes the entire list seem suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by screamindemonuk View Post
    just seen in a uk tech magazine that they ran a test between several smartphones, pushing them to the limit with a combination of gps and youtube streaming.

these were the resultsK

iphone 4h41min
    blackberry 3h46
    motorola dext 3h43
    acer s200 3h23
    htc hero 3h12
    htc hd2 3h00
    palm pre 2h55

don't shoot the messenger but looks like palm have some improvement to make in the next updates.
    Seco that thought my ipod touch gets maybe 4 hours over wifi no way a phone would do better
    My usage I can go from 7am-10pm without a problem. I think the list is anything but real. Blackberry usually has the best of them all.

these were the resultsK

iphone 4h41min
    blackberry 3h46
    motorola dext 3h43
    acer s200 3h23
    htc hero 3h12
    htc hd2 3h00
    palm pre 2h55

Or you can just buy a 1400Mah battery for 30 bucks and be done with it.
  6.    #6  
    info is from 'stuff' magazine which is a gadget mag. No link as its a mag. I can get you a page number when I get home if you want. Now put your flamethrower down
    well at least my blackberry can auto cut off during the night an save battery my pre can go from 100% to 53% doing the night
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    well at least my blackberry can auto cut off during the night an save battery my pre can go from 100% to 53% doing the night
    There's an app for that!

Battery Saver switches to airplane mode and back at the user defined times. Also means you don't get dinged in the night by arriving emails etc.

these were the resultsK

iphone 4h41min
    blackberry 3h46
    motorola dext 3h43
    acer s200 3h23
    htc hero 3h12
    htc hd2 3h00
    palm pre 2h55

That's a straight up load of crap.

I've watched a movie on my Pre at the same time as a friend with an iPhone 3g watched the exact same movie, and the battery life I had left was slightly better afterward. And that's only because I was getting email notifications and text messages at the same time. Side effect of having a multitasking phone and all. Having a couple other cards open and services and whatnot.

I can believe a few of those could get close to that kind of battery life, but most of those phones don't come close to that if you're running constant power demanding apps based upon their specifications. Seriously, though, Stuff magazine? I wouldn't call them "respected" worldwide. I'd call them a cover to cover advertisement, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    There's an app for that!

Battery Saver switches to airplane mode and back at the user defined times. Also means you don't get dinged in the night by arriving emails etc.
    there should really be a tool that shuts off the EMAIL and MSG app at night... leave the phone function on in case of critical calls
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chienandalusia View Post
    there should really be a tool that shuts off the EMAIL and MSG app at night... leave the phone function on in case of critical calls
    Turn the data connection off.

I am lucky I work and live in an environment where I alays have a charger on hand if need be. I also have a car charger so my phones battery is always full.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    The iPhone data does seem peculiar.

I have a Hero and Pre... The Hero lasts 3-4 hours longer on a typical day with the same items configured (email, wifi, etc.).
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    Turn the data connection off.

I am lucky I work and live in an environment where I alays have a charger on hand if need be. I also have a car charger so my phones battery is always full.
    where is the mode to turn off specifically the data services?

moreover though i would prefer if i could set it to a timer, to do it automatically, because it is supposed to be a smartphone afterall
    I just got the 2600 battery so I didn't have to care.

Everyone here already knows the customization on the Pre is sorely lacking in various respects. But those battery test results are likely to be complete crap...
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    I just got the 2600 battery so I didn't have to care.
    yes but now you have a Zach Morris mobile phone.... =X
    On rare occasion my battery drains during the day (when I am over using it) but I always keep a charged spare with me.

But I too have a 2nd charger at work plus a car charger.

However I will say my Pre battery lasts much longer than either DH's MotoQ or his Blackberry's......... they always day about 1/2 way through the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by chienandalusia View Post
    yes but now you have a Zach Morris mobile phone.... =X
    Lol, it would be an issue if the Pre was already thick, but it's thin. The phone feels better with the extended battery and I hated the slick battery door (imo). My only issue is having to fork out an extra $50 to have the phone usable all day...
    and you'd think that it would also be on the Stuff Magazine's website and I can't find anything...

Gadget reviews and video reviews, technology news – Stuff.tv
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    The phone feels better with the extended battery and I hated the slick battery door (imo).
    I didn't have a problem with the 'slick' back but I do like the feel better with my case on it.
    Battery life is ok on the pre but once you start really using the apps hold on to your hats it's over.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast