Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    my battery went from 86% to 18% in the hour it took for me to unplug it from my work computer where it was charging to get the a restaurant with no apps running. I restarted the phone before charging it, and I ride a motorcycle so i didn't use anything on the phone while riding. The battery just plain blows on my phone. Maybe it is a bad battery that I got tho...maybe the reviewer had the same version that I got.
    Heck every phone I every had has had that battery problem on occasion. If it isn't consistent I chalk it up to a fluke.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chienandalusia View Post
    where is the mode to turn off specifically the data services?

moreover though i would prefer if i could set it to a timer, to do it automatically, because it is supposed to be a smartphone afterall
    Phone icon and then there is a button for data connection
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdub-Mad1 View Post
    my battery went from 86% to 18% in the hour it took for me to unplug it from my work computer where it was charging to get the a restaurant with no apps running. I restarted the phone before charging it, and I ride a motorcycle so i didn't use anything on the phone while riding. The battery just plain blows on my phone. Maybe it is a bad battery that I got tho...maybe the reviewer had the same version that I got.
    No way it has to be that bad. Without use, my battery drain ~15% over 8 hours. I leave apps open all the time but phone and data are the only things working in the background.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdub-Mad1 View Post
    You truly have a battery problem or connection problem. I can work out at the gym and then spend a full day at work and still get home with 18% or more battery life. I have awful signal reception at work, but I still get better battery life than you mention.
    Anandtech disagrees with your source.

AnandTech
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Just a quick question - does wifi kill your battery faster? Because my wifi is on 24/7
    Lisa, I have been told it does but I can't tell for sure cuz I don't have mine turned on that often.
    I'm on a limited data plan, so I thought keeping wifi on and data turned off will help me from going over.
    Either way, battery life isn't an issue for me.

Thank you!
    See I have unlimited data and text (and 900 minutes a month which is usually way more than I need now since we have free mobile to mobile on Sprint).
    Quote Originally Posted by lissah xox View Post
    Just a quick question - does wifi kill your battery faster? Because my wifi is on 24/7
    My understanding is that if you have a wifi signal it doesn't, but if you don't have a wifi signal, it will.
    bdhu2001, thanks I learn stuff everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    See I have unlimited data and text (and 900 minutes a month which is usually way more than I need now since we have free mobile to mobile on Sprint).
    I'm with Bell, and their plans are ridiculous. I think I pay around $60 a month, and I'm limited in everything except texting. It was really annoying having unlimited brower, texting, calling and everything on my old phone, then switching to this one and being limited, AND having to pay more.
    I'm sorry. LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    My usage I can go from 7am-10pm without a problem. I think the list is anything but real. Blackberry usually has the best of them all.
    I doubt that your Pre lasts that long under the conditions suggested in the original post.

It's about pushing the phone to its limit, which I highly doubt you do, non-stop, for 15 hours.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I doubt that your Pre lasts that long under the conditions suggested in the original post.

It's about pushing the phone to its limit, which I highly doubt you do, non-stop, for 15 hours.
    I agree with your assessment, but I think that such a test as what's described in the initial post and useless for most users. It's not often that an actual user will be on constant GPS and YouTube video. If I'm using my GPS to travel, I'm not also watching YouTube. Additionally, if I'm on a long trip with GPS, I plug in my car adapter.

It's very unlikely that I'll be using GPS, but let a second person use my Pre for videos. I might listen to music or listen to an audio book or Podcast, but streaming videos would be out.
    I stopped carring about battery life on smartphones since my first WinMo device. Waiting for the flux compacitor.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    If you use the iPhone the same way you use your Pre, that new iPhone 3G will be dead in less then 2 hours (I'm generous when I say 2hrs). I know this from my own experience. The Pre lasts longer then 3hrs... while used to broadcast music, check emails, text and email almost non-stop. I know it because I do this every single day... then I decide is time to actually work on some of my projects. When the battery hits less then 10%, I stack it on a stone.

I want to see an iPhone do the same.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12