1.    #1  
    Sorry if there's already a post for this.

My issue with my Palm Pre is that everytime I answer or make a phone call, I have to do a hard reset (popping out the battery, snapping it back in, and turning the phone back on).
    I can open the phone app, the little green retro-handset. But when it changes to the screen that shows the contacts image (I guess the dialing screen), the screen dims to black and I cannot get the screen to turn back on. I know it usually turns off so your cheeck doesn't click any of the bottons, but usually if you press the power button or the little white button (in the middle of the touch zone) the screen turns on for you to navigate and do whatever.
    I have no idea what has coused this, I've only dropped it twice, neither of which were in the last 3 monthes and no more than three feet, and I have never submerged it in liquid.

Any ideas as to the cause of the problem and to a solution?

(I was apparently using the wrong terminology, and I meant soft reset as opposed to hard reset. I'm leaving the original post as is, though, as I don't know how to rename the thread and don't want to be confusing.)
    Last edited by Zakaji; 12/23/2009 at 01:08 AM.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I am going to assume that you have a cover of some kind on your screen. It is interfering with the proximity sensor. Take it off and you won't have that problem
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
  3.    #3  
    I do have the Invisible SHIELD on my Pre.
    Huh, I'd have never guessed that it would cause that problem.
    Thank you very much!

I'll try taking it off and reply again to report the results, incase anyone else has this problem too.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I had seen the problem before and was dumbfounded for a minute... then I realized what the problem was. THe grey strip at the top of the phone is the proximity sensor. I can't see anything else being the problem really. Don't forget to hit the thanks button
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Fyi, what you're calling a hard reset isn't a hard reset. That's a soft reset, done manually. A hard reset entails resetting your device to its stock state.
  6.    #6  
    Oh!
    I'm sorry, then. I'm not the greatest with terminology.
    Thank you for correcting me.
  7.    #7  
    Haha, problem solved!
    My friend got silly and painted a thin strip or latex paint around the edges of my phone.
    I simply peeled it off and now it works fine.
    Needless to say, I feel a bit dumb for several reasons.
    Thanks again to MaxLOL, for the suggestion and for reminding me about the proximity sensor.