1.    #1  
    I dropped my pre in the exact wrong place and the exact wrong angle last night. A remanufactured replacement is on the way from Asurion. The touch screen does not function at all. I can't power the phone off and I have a couple of applications open that I can't close. No big deal except that I have to leave it on the touchstone or the battery dies. Is there a way to turn it off without using the touchscreen? I'm not thrilled about the idea of pulling the battery out with the power on. Thanks for any advice.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starburst View Post
    I dropped my pre in the exact wrong place and the exact wrong angle last night. A remanufactured replacement is on the way from Asurion. The touch screen does not function at all. I can't power the phone off and I have a couple of applications open that I can't close. No big deal except that I have to leave it on the touchstone or the battery dies. Is there a way to turn it off without using the touchscreen? I'm not thrilled about the idea of pulling the battery out with the power on. Thanks for any advice.
    If you have the terminal application you could tell it to perform the command from there; but, there is nothing wrong with removing the battery from your phone while the power is on . That being said, if your phone is off and you put it on the touchstone it will power the device on.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I wasn't sure about taking the battery out.