1.    #1  
    Is there a patch to have a seperate sound for emails and texts?

Also, how do I reset the notification and alert sounds back to the defaults ones?

I noticed that some people say they can choose a message alert, I seem to only have the option to change alerts and notification sounds.

Thanks in advance
    I use the SMS Tone per Contact patch to set a default sound for all SMS, and the Disable Charging Alert patch to limit things so that the system notification pretty much only goes off for e-mail. There's also the Disable Various Phone Sounds patch I could add to restrict things even further but I haven't installed it yet. I can't recall if the latest webOS lets us do it directly or if I installed yet another patch to allow that, but I've changed my Notification sound to the one I want for e-mails and have things pretty much sounding the way I want.

Now if only I could choose e-mail sounds on a per-account basis. On my Treo I had the Roadrunner's "meep-meep" for personal e-mail and his "pluddle-duddle-dunk" for work stuff, but on the Pre it's just meep-meep all the way...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Now that is a good suggestion about different sounds for email. Has anyone did a patch request separate sounds for different email accounts?
    I did a search here on that a while ago and if I'm remembering right some people had managed it but had to make changes in the settings databases that were device/user specific rather than it being something they could make into a simple patch of system files... Too bad if that's really the case.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    I requested it back when Ikyo was working on the SMS per contact patch and he said he'd look into it. Wouldn't hurt to request it again.
  6.    #6  
    I just found this forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/216009-patch-add-separate-text-message-tone-your-pre.html
    posted by the same guy who replied above.

Can get it to install
    Yes I made that patch but it is only for sms messages. I would like one for emails.
    Quote Originally Posted by shapeshifter View Post
    Is there a patch to have a seperate sound for emails and texts?

Also, how do I reset the notification and alert sounds back to the defaults ones?

I noticed that some people say they can choose a message alert, I seem to only have the option to change alerts and notification sounds.

Thanks in advance
    I believe I am answering your question if I understand correctly what you are talking about. With 1.3.1 there is an option inside of the messaging app to change your default sound for text messages. Under the drop down menu and preferences and accounts, you should be able to change the sound. More specific than this functionality is not yet achieved by default.