Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I have a mini usb gps charger that I rarely use in the car, recently I've bought mini usb to micro usb adapters to be able to use many of the mini usb chargers i have laying around from previous phones. My question is can i use that gps charger with an adapter. Specs are:
    Input: 10-30Vdc 1A max
    Output: 5Vdc 1A
    Fuse spec: 1A 250Vac

If not, what are the specifications of one I should be using. Im trying to set up touchstone in the car like in this thread
    forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-accessories/188412-palm-pre-using-touchstone-mounted-your-car-post-your-pictures-here-3.html[/url]

Thanks in advance
    I would also like to know this. Also, is it safe to use Storm chargers?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaVisionary View Post
    Output: 5Vdc 1A
    Based on this it should work with the Touchstone, but it also needs to have the USB data lines (center two pins on the USB connector corresponding to the green and white wires in the USB cable) tied together so that the Touchstone knows it's plugged into a charger that can feed it this much rather than a standard USB Host (PC, Mac, Linux box, whatever) that can only feed it 500mA of current. If it doesn't, you can modify the cable yourself to short these signals together and you should be good to go.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    i run an old motorola usb car charger with a mini to micro usb with exactly the same output voltage and amperage and it runs perfectly.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    thanks for the replies. Only problem I have now is that the micro adapter won't fit in the small opening of the touchstone. I'll have to figure something out.