1.    #1  
    Lots of Palm promises for CES including many more apps and WebOS 1.3.5

[URL="http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2357313,00.asp"]
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    olde..

I think CES 2010 will be a key moment for Palm. If they really only have 1.3.5 and maybe Verizon, they may lose any momentum they had left from Pre's launch.

I don't think a couple of fixes and a new carrier will help them that much. It depends on if Verizon will advertise the Pre, but it's still last summer's phone with a couple of fixes.

Things have been pretty quiet around Palm. Even before the launch of the Pixi. I hope they are in stealth mode, like some companies are before a big announcement..

Only time will tell I guess.
    Epic shows off Unreal Engine 3 running on iPhone / iPod touch -- Engadget

"the engine running on "another mobile platform entirely" at CES next month, but didn't drop any further hints besides that"... Palm?
    I was hoping for a lag free Pre! Seriously though...they really need to get on that GPU fix that I keep hearing about. Anyone in this forum going to CES?
    Quote Originally Posted by mwarez View Post
    I was hoping for a lag free Pre! Seriously though...they really need to get on that GPU fix that I keep hearing about. Anyone in this forum going to CES?
    I'm not but I do know someone who is.
    Maybe Flash and video?.....and Verizon??
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Maybe Palm is annoucing that their going out of business..

(Just Kidding)
    The rumors are flying about what Palm will announce at CES 2010. Per LAPTOP CES 2010 Preview: 5 Trends to Watch "Palm has a press conference scheduled during the show, and I’m encouraged by reports that we’ll see a so-called Palm Pre Plus for Verizon Wireless. I also anticipate Palm to announce an upgrade to its OS that leverages the platform’s graphics capabilities, which could lead to not only better video playback (via full Flash) but hopefully more robust apps."
    I think they will announce Flash for the Pre. And some features like video recording and gpu show-off.
  10. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    How will leveraging the graphics chipset make apps "more robust"?
    Muppets!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    My bet is Flash will be the big announcement. Pre will be the first device to carry full Flash and it has already been out there in Alpha and Beta modes. What a HUGE selling point for Verizon for the Pre. Not even the Droid could beat that. Just imagine watching Hulu on your Pre. Awesome! Just my $.02
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    HTC Hero has full flash and it sucks on that platform.
    maemo had full flash a year plus ago. This will be the first full flash that makes use of gpu and cpu power saving hopefully making it a fantastic addition, as opposed to something you always have to turn off to keep the browser usable

right now the n900 has full flash 9.4
    http://maemo.nokia.com/features/maemo-browser/

over a year ago maemo had full flash 9.something
    Last edited by windzilla; 12/22/2009 at 05:35 PM.
    Maemo only has Semi-Flash (Big Difference); not Adobe Certified Built. Palm Pre will be the first Adobe Certified Built Unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    HTC Hero has full flash and it sucks on that platform.
    Actually, that's Flash Lite 3.1.
    I don't think there will be any big announcements at CES. Most of Palm's programmers were probably tied up with Ares over the past couple of months.

Gx
  17. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Maybe the BIG Announcement will be VOICE DIALING!!