1.    #1  
    I've noticed a couple things with the phone app. One, sometimes when im being called and i click the answer button, nothing happens. It goes away and acts like nothing ever happened.... Two, after I "throw" the app away, it comes back down, then it leaves.....? Three, SOME of the picture ID's I set for my contacts shrink up to have their size and go very blury and won't fix unless i reset them. But then it happens again sometimes.... Anyone else notice any of these, or fixes?
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch2k12 View Post
    I've noticed a couple things with the phone app. One, sometimes when im being called and i click the answer button, nothing happens. It goes away and acts like nothing ever happened.... Two, after I "throw" the app away, it comes back down, then it leaves.....? Three, SOME of the picture ID's I set for my contacts shrink up to have their size and go very blury and won't fix unless i reset them. But then it happens again sometimes.... Anyone else notice any of these, or fixes?
    I've noticed all three.
    1. I've put in a work around for the slow answer problem. For me it's so slow that frequently callers go to voicemail. But I've used conditional forwarding to send my calls to my google voice account first, the configured gvoice to attempt to ring other phones where I typically am before going to voicemail. It's klunky but at least I have something that helps me deal with the Pre's super slow interface
    2. I've had the same problem where apps won't completely throw themselves away. But I've had it with lots of different apps, not just the phone app.
    3. I've only noticed that the picture ID's shrink after I've completely erased the phone and resynced contacts from google. Apparently the picture uploaded to google is at quite a bit smaller resolution than what's kept on the phone. I just live with it.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. I dont have a gvoice account, and don't know how. I believe it is invitation only? I will just readd all the pictures for contacts. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Don't you love having to have a work-around for using the freaking phone? I realize I'm in the minority because I need to actually make calls on the thing...

Dear Palm,
    FIX IT!
    I've not experienced one of those problems.

The problem I have is I tend not to talk on the phone at all and send all the calls to voice mail. I'd rather e-mail or text. LOL!

I'll have to pay attention when and if I get calls to see if this happens.
    I've also experienced problems with the phone app. For one, switching between the prev calls and the key pad is very slow. In a lot of cases, I dial from prev. calls and then need to jump to keypad when I get an auto pick-up (which is almost always). It takes forever to switch, and because I get impatient, I press the button several times and the thing starts jumping back and forth. Another issue for me is when I am connected to my Motorola blue tooth speaker, it takes forever for to begin a conversation. I've had people hang up thinking the connection was bad or dropped. For a 'cell phone', the phone feature leaves a lot to be desired (my humble opinion)
    I have not experienced these problems either. Before the updates, my launch pre was hard to hang up, kinda like the whac a mole game. I added the patches where I can answer and hang up by opening and closing the slider or hang up using the power button.
    I've never had issues answering or hanging up (outside of missing the hangup button) but I installed the hang up by closing the slider patch and the patch that closes the phone app when the call is done. Now I use the slider to answer and hangup, and when I'm done there's no phone app to close. Pretty nice, really.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I have had all the issues described, no workarounds that I have found.

The phone app seems to be very slow in general on my Pre. There are times when I click disconnect and need to wait upwards of 10 seconds for it to disconnect.

I have also been having an odd error about the data connection since the last patch. A buddy at work has had the same error. I can't recall the error at the moment but it generally happens when the phone is just sitting there, perhaps when it tries to sync for e-mail or something. We figured it is something with our geographical location, but is any one else getting data connection errors?
    I also have never experienced these problems.

Are you aware that as soon as you click the answer button it answers and you can talk, whether or not the application has opened yet?

Also, I know that the best practice to make it snappy is to leave it open with your other continuously running apps, it takes advantage of the multitasking capabilities, uses almost no additional memory, and makes answering and hanging up a breeze.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I also have never experienced these problems.

Are you aware that as soon as you click the answer button it answers and you can talk, whether or not the application has opened yet?

Also, I know that the best practice to make it snappy is to leave it open with your other continuously running apps, it takes advantage of the multitasking capabilities, uses almost no additional memory, and makes answering and hanging up a breeze.
    Thats not always the case. Sometimes i click the answer button, the pop up notification of someone calling goes back down and nothing happens. Then a few seconds later i get a MISSED CALL notification... very annoying. I will try leaving the phone app open, thanks!
    I experience all 3. And it makes me want to throw it. I get alot of pressing the answer or hangup icon, and nothing happens, I dont even see the touch ripples. Really does blow sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch2k12 View Post
    i get the first two. along with i touch the screen, you can see the screen register the touch cause a circle appears but the the app has no response.

pictures. after webosdoctoring my pre the pics in my google account synced but they all the pics went blurry. I solved this by uploading pics direction into my contacts inside google. That is on my laptop not from my phone. now they look fine when i i make calls.