Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Just got a replacement pre yesterday for one that had been running hot then just finally crapped out completely. (Man, going without Universal Search over the weekend stunk!) When she opened my pre she looked at the battery and made a comment that the problem was prbly due to the fact that both the battery and pre were from China. She said that you are better off with China-Korea instead of China-China. I may have something a little wrong but I am pretty sure that was the gist of what she said.

That sound familiar to any of you smart guys? This girl has been with this Sprint store (a repair center) for a long time and I have always got good info from her.

Also, when she opened the replacement phone she told me she had bad news and that I would need a replacement battery for the new one, before she even turned it on. Sure enough, this is running a little hot, though not as bad as the other. She went ahead and ordered me a new battery that I should be able to pick up today.

On a side note, the speaker volume (ringtone, music, alerts..) is way lower than my old one. I have it set up with the same update and patches. Could a battery have an impact on the volume of the speaker? My old pre still had good speaker volume in its last days. Think I got a lemon?

Thanks a bunch and sorry for the long post.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Great. Thanks. I guess I should have separated the volume and battery into two different searches. Never saw that thread.