1.    #1  
    This is one of the most basic features of the phone and it's a pain in the ***. I want to be able to delete conversations without having to fiddle with people's forms of contact every time.

Has Palm ever openly acknowledged this issue?
    I do have this problem, but whenever it happens, i do a partial erase. What can i do to the persons contact? Delete it and readd it? If they haven't noticed this by now, then shame on Palm. Its pretty standard to be able delete a conversation..... Hopefully it will be addressed soon.
    I'd wager noticed and ignored, for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch2k12 View Post
    I do have this problem, but whenever it happens, i do a partial erase. What can i do to the persons contact? Delete it and readd it?
    Link the affected contact to another profile temporarily (or unlink a profile from the affected contact then re-link it). That often clears it up without having to connect your device to a computer to do any type of restore or repair work...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    Link the affected contact to another profile temporarily (or unlink a profile from the affected contact then re-link it). That often clears it up without having to connect your device to a computer to do any type of restore or repair work...
    The Linking and un-linking didn't work for me. so I sucked it up and did the partial erase.....

****WARNING**** Remove all tweaks from phone before doing this. I didn't and now I cant remove them. Preware doesn't recognize that I have tweaks installed and the emergency tweak recovery app on preware doesn't remove them. It looks like the Partial erase gets rid of the back up files that are created once a tweak is installed. Looks like I will be WebOS doctoring once I get home.

Insult to injury, my alarms were erased and I woke up late you work
    I have never had this problem and I am pretty sure it is caused by patches and themes of which I have none.

I can delete any thread I want and if I start a new conversation with that contact only the new conversation shows up as would be expected.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I have never had this problem and I am pretty sure it is caused by patches and themes of which I have none.

I can delete any thread I want and if I start a new conversation with that contact only the new conversation shows up as would be expected.
    exactly....and i dont have any patches or themes, either.

so this isn't Palm's fault....it's yours.
    I don't have any patches or themes either and it still does it. So it is Palm's fault. Don't assume that just cause you havn't had the problem in your circumstance that others don't. Thanks for the fix tho!
    I have deleted whole conversations and they stay gone but I have heard of others who have this problem. I don't know it is Palm's fault or operator error or patch problem but I hope you find a way to solve it...........
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I have deleted whole conversations and they stay gone but I have heard of others who have this problem. I don't know it is Palm's fault or operator error or patch problem but I hope you find a way to solve it...........
    Palm's. Just wanted to clear that up for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Palm's. Just wanted to clear that up for you.
    Your opinion. Others have no problem with the conversations going and staying gone. It could be a variety of things. LOL!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty3054 View Post
    exactly....and i dont have any patches or themes, either.

so this isn't Palm's fault....it's yours.
    I don't have any patches or themes. I have very few apps from the app store. No homebrews of any kind. The only changes to my phone are the one's pushed by Palm.

I tried to delete an entire conversation that was quite long and with a lot of MMS messages. I thought it was gone until I received a text from the person and the entire conversation still existed.

Now I have to type this person's name in to get to the convesations, unless there's a new text message notification from her.
    Issue is happening here as well, and have never installed patches or anything from here. The thing that sucks is when you have 2 convo's going on and as soon as you switch to the other person, you cant go back to your conversations tab and just select the previous convo cause it disappeared. I usually wait for the person to txt back then continue chatting.

Very annoying.
  14.    #14  
    I have no patches either. It only happens with long conversations, so maybe these other guys barely text. How the hell could this possibly be user error??

supposedly the new update fixes it. I tried deleting a few convos and they still appear in messaging when I search, negating any possible speed improvement from deletion.

hopefully when these people text me again, they will reappear.
  15.    #15  
    Actually, they do vanish from the search after a bit of time. The longer the conversation, the more time it takes. It took over 5 minutes for a fairly long one I was testing it out on, but only 30 seconds or so for one that was only 10 or 15 messages long. That's about as short as they come, so I guess it is never instantaneous.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    I'd wager noticed and ignored, for now.
    I was right there with you in thinking this wouldn't be addressed, but it would appear 1.3.5 fixed it. From the Palm website regarding messaging:

"If a user deletes a conversation with a contact, new conversations with that contact are now correctly displayed in Conversations view."
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyfool View Post
    I was right there with you in thinking this wouldn't be addressed, but it would appear 1.3.5 fixed it. From the Palm website regarding messaging:

"If a user deletes a conversation with a contact, new conversations with that contact are now correctly displayed in Conversations view."
    Great observation... I think they addressed it and hopefully I dont run into this issue again. I haven't had any issues yet. anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyfool View Post

yeap

proves RC and Matty extremely wrong

Why would palm say that fixed a messaging problem that never existed? People ALWAYS want to blame patches and homebrews for errors, smh