1.    #1  
    I purchased a htc hero and have decided to keep it in place of the pre. I'm planning to sell the pre and want to wipe it clean and reset it back to factory for the new user.
    webos doctor or just plain hard reset
    This is the reason why we need a DISLIKE button....
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    +1 but maybe we should call it the dont let the metaphorical door hit you button
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    step # 1: Sell the Hero KEEP the Pre
    step # 2: Thank me for saving your life
    step # 3: Enjoy your Pre!
    the question still remains, how do we do a simple hard reset?

doctor isnt working for me and i need to factory reset because my package manager is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by funkus View Post
    the question still remains, how do we do a simple hard reset?

doctor isnt working for me and i need to factory reset because my package manager is dead.
    Hard reset is the full erase. I don't know what you mean by doctor isn't working for you? If your Pre doesn't recognize, try "In case you can't get the webOS Doctor to work..."

If other issues try "Manual hard reset?"
    Assuming you're on 1.3.1 or later:

Device Info page, there's a "Reset Options" button at the very bottom. Hit this, then hit "Full Erase" in the next page. You'll see after the phone restarts that it's asking for a profile just like it did when you first got it from Palm, so everything should be gone. It will stay on the latest version of the OS installed though (doesn't "reset" all the way back to 1.1.0 or whatever the version was at original release).

You can hook up to a computer in USB-drive mode as well to make sure, but this appears to be pretty darn complete if it even wipes the owner's profile info...

I'll leave all the opinionating about your choice to others, you just asked how to do it not for "advice" on your decision.
    thanks guys
    Quote Originally Posted by funkus View Post
    thanks guys
    You're welcome. Sorry I wasn't more explicit on Full erase. I usually try to be more specific. I hope everything is working out for you. Happy New Year.