Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1.    #1  
    So I'm trying to restore my Web OS install and once the Web OS Doctor gets to 6%, it hangs, and then I get a message that the phone has disconnected. I've tried everything, but at this point nothing is working. Can anyone help?

    I don't know if this is an issue, but I'm running Windows 7 x64. The novacom drivers install and everything.
  2. #2  
    try turning off your phone then press volume up and hold it and connect to the usb in your pc you will see an usb sign in your phone and then webos doctor is going to recognize your pre!
  3.    #3  
    I've tried that, it doesn't work, I still run into the same problem.
  4. #4  
    did you try restaring your pc?
  5.    #5  
    Every time it fails. I don't know what the problem is, I'm ready to just throw the Pre against a wall. I also got it second hand, so I'm not covered under a warranty, etc.
  6. #6  
    same happened to me. Try to use another pc or laptop. This is the only thing that worked
  7.    #7  
    Yeah, I might have to try this tomorrow. We'll see. The only other PCs I have access to are at work.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by anaphora68 View Post
    So I'm trying to restore my Web OS install and once the Web OS Doctor gets to 6%, it hangs, and then I get a message that the phone has disconnected. I've tried everything, but at this point nothing is working. Can anyone help?

    I don't know if this is an issue, but I'm running Windows 7 x64. The novacom drivers install and everything.
    omg wow.

    the exact same happened to me on sunday. On my Sony Vaio running Windows 7 x64. Freezes at 6% and says phone was disconnected. Also I had the hardest time getting doctor to even recognize that my phone was connected in the first place.


    What I did was I restarted my Laptop then pulled my battery out of my Pre.
    Started Doctor, it asked me to connect my Pre.
    I put my battery in my pre and turned it on. While it was booting up I started the doctor and it went through. It paused at 6% for about 3 minutes but it eventually completed and went through will the complete flash.

    Give that a shot. (I tried about 4 times and it worked on the last one)
  9. #9  
    this was happening to me. Turned out my usb wire was no more good.
  10.    #10  
    I don't know if it's my USB wire, but the Pre will not start up. I'm trying to run Web OS doctor to restore the system, but still no luck. I tried using a Windows XP machine and the same thing happened, at 6% it pauses for about five minutes and then I get a message that says the phone has been disconnected.

    I'm going to try it again tonight, maybe I'll have better luck at home.
  11. #11  
    well looks like I'm not the only one with this problem...hope there will be a fix soon
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by sburlbaw View Post
    well looks like I'm not the only one with this problem...hope there will be a fix soon
    Try putting your phone into recovery mode - switch phone off whilst connected by usb (and doctor is at the start stage with the next button shaded out) and then press down the volume up button whilst switching on again. The pre should go into recovery mode (took me 2 attempts) and then the large usb sign comes up on the screen. The next button then became unshaded and I could complete the process and upload.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by anaphora68 View Post
    Every time it fails. I don't know what the problem is, I'm ready to just throw the Pre against a wall. I also got it second hand, so I'm not covered under a warranty, etc.
    Update your java and WebOS doctor/ Use WebOS doctor w/o using the panic button in QI.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiec10 View Post
    Try putting your phone into recovery mode - switch phone off whilst connected by usb (and doctor is at the start stage with the next button shaded out) and then press down the volume up button whilst switching on again. The pre should go into recovery mode (took me 2 attempts) and then the large usb sign comes up on the screen. The next button then became unshaded and I could complete the process and upload.
    Tried this maybe 20 times now and no luck, the next button shows up, I click it, charging battery (makes it past that phase), then the progress bar shows up, makes it to 6% then the USB symbol goes away and the palm logo shows up on the phone and after about 3-4 mins the doctor says Phone Disconnected.

    I'm using 64bit windows 7, I also followed novacom install instructions at the webos internals with no prob. but still doctor wont run
  15. #15  
    had this happen to me yesterday (except i got to 11%). Tried it a few more times with no luck. Took it down to the sprint store, they reflashed it for me (1.3.1).

    So try to run an older version of webosdr or take it down there (insurance or not they will reflash it for you if its possible).

    Hope that helps
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sburlbaw View Post
    Tried this maybe 20 times now and no luck, the next button shows up, I click it, charging battery (makes it past that phase), then the progress bar shows up, makes it to 6% then the USB symbol goes away and the palm logo shows up on the phone and after about 3-4 mins the doctor says Phone Disconnected.

    I'm using 64bit windows 7, I also followed novacom install instructions at the webos internals with no prob. but still doctor wont run
    Have you double checked and updated your Java? When I had the problem with it stopping at a specific %, it was an outdated Java.

    There's a thread that is specific for "In case you can't get the webOS Doctor to work... I keep it in my subscriptions in case I need to refer back to it.
  17. #17  
    you still have a patch left, use quickinstall to get rid of them, otherwise delete everything.
  18. #18  
    I'm having this same problem, except running Vista 32. Has anyone had any luck resolving this?
  19. #19  
    Everytime the WebOS Dr failed on me (several times) in this manner, it was usually right after I downloaded the latest version. Re-downloading the Dr fixed it every time. YMMV.
  20. #20  
    I was viewing a video on my pre when it suddenly froze and went into an endless loop showing the logo.

    I did the battery pull and waited etc.

    I then decided to use the webos doctor. i held the volume button, inserted the battery and plugged in the usb cabel. I got the big USB icon. I then pressed next on the doctor and it started working. The bar gets to about 4%. At this point the icon on the pre changes from the USB icon to the Palm logo. I hear the "bling" from my laptop that indicates usb is connecting / disconnecting and then i get the "phone disconnected" message from the doctor at 8%. I also see that my pre is back in the reset loop.

    I have tried using different cables and different computers and different usb ports and rebooting.

    Do you have any suggestions?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions