Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem im stuck at 4% and cannot get Doctor to work :\ I have tried everything already mention in this thread countless times...im using Win 7 64 bit and have never had any problems with WebOS Doctor before today and ive used it plenty of times.
    you most likely will need to do a full erase if the doctor is getting stuck . also try deleting web doc and redownloading web doc to make sure you have the newest version.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    im having the exact same trouble as stan.forums ive also gone 2 device info and done a secure full erase and a full erase and still nothing

im also geting the same error trying 2 use webos quick install
    Last edited by djuvee; 06/20/2010 at 08:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    This happened to me a few weeks ago, I tried everything to no avail. I'm also using Win7 64bit. I had done a Dr before without issues. I finally called Sprint tech support and they gave up and sent me a replacement, just couldn't bring that bugger back to life.
    Apparently, there is no current solution for this problem. I've heard of resorting to the WebOS Doctor 1.2.1. To anyone reading this thread, I would advise you to just get a replacement or reflash from your carrier assuming you have correctly tried the Recovery Mode multiple times.

Interesting enough, the victims run into a driver corruption. WebOS Doctor stopped support for this after 1.2.1 strangely. Just my take on what I'm told.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Every time I have run the doctor, I did it with Developer Mode on, and told the phone "charge only", rather than USB drive mode. That may work.

A problem MAY very well be the chipset used on the motherboard in the computer. Intel chipsets in low-end computers tend to be really poor, and have some odd problems that turn up with the USB. In many cases, the amount of power being delivered to the USB ports was just a touch on the low side, where having other USB devices connected(printers and such) was enough for other devices not to work. Dual-USB connected hard drives(with a dual-USB cable for data and power) don't even work with some of these machines.

The chipset/motherboard drivers may also need to be updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Apparently, there is no current solution for this problem. I've heard of resorting to the WebOS Doctor 1.2.1. To anyone reading this thread, I would advise you to just get a replacement or reflash from your carrier assuming you have correctly tried the Recovery Mode multiple times.

Interesting enough, the victims run into a driver corruption. WebOS Doctor stopped support for this after 1.2.1 strangely. Just my take on what I'm told.
    I'm having this problem too -- are you serious? there's NO solution for it ?

i don't have a reciept - i bought my phone over a year ago -- how can i get it fixed ?
    *** i thought the pre was un-brickable ?
    try running the DR through a Powered USB HUB. i've ran into this problem before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary Tech View Post
    try running the DR through a Powered USB HUB. i've ran into this problem before.
    what do you mean a powered USB hub ?

I have it connected to my new laptop

from my laptop to my phone

this doesn't work ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Prelude Ron View Post

Give that a shot. (I tried about 4 times and it worked on the last one)
    isn't that always the case, It always seems work the last time you try it!! hehehehe
    sj
    First put the device into recovery mode, then memboot the device using the installer uImage (extracted from your webOS Doctor jar and copied into the SDK bin folder):

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\SDK\bin
    novacom boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-castle.uImage

After it boots, run novaterm:

novaterm

Once connected to the device, type:

lvm.static vgscan --ignorelockingfailure
    lvm.static vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure

then type:

mkdosfs -f 1 -s 64 /dev/store/media

Once that completes, put the device back into recovery mode and run the webOS Doctor.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Rod, can this procedure also be used when a modem is stuck or has an unknown state or generally isn't feeling too well and causes Phone Offline issues, or renders the phone impossible to doctor? Or is Meta-Doctor (modem install disabled) a better option?
    This procedure is for the specific failure case where the doctor disconnects repeatedly at 8%. I don't think it will have any effect on other issues.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Sorry I wasn't specific enough. I meant membooting the device.
    Never done that. I guess it provides access to the device, enabling you to fix all sorts of things which prevent it from loading or a doctor from completing, right?
    Yes, membooting is very handy.

For example, the MetaDoctor uses memboot as part of the implementation of it's full filesystem backup capability.

The 'make memboot mount' target in the MetaDoctor makefile automates mounting the filesystems for repairing things ...

-- Rod
    OK you all might want to try to plug the phone into a different USB port on your pc dont use any front usb ports make sure the usb port your plugging it in to is connected directly to the motherboard most the time it will be located on the back of the computer next to the Ethernet connector...

The reason for this is because all your front USB ports on most PC's (desktop) are hooked up to the mother board via a dongle and some times will not provide enough power for it to charge and also doctor at the same time.

Have you ever used a USB Hard Drive that was plugged in to a front usb and it will disconnect and then reconnect again while backing up files?

Same probs the front USB will often not provide enough power...
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    This procedure is for the specific failure case where the doctor disconnects repeatedly at 8%. I don't think it will have any effect on other issues.

-- Rod
    Hi, I tried what you suggest but at the last step (mkdosfs -f 1 -s 64 /dev/store/media), when I enter the command. my phone exits from recov mode and back to the boot loop.
    any suggestions?
    also tried webdoctor again after this.
    Is there any way to do a what other suggest "Full Erase" from the PC?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi_gmv View Post
    Hi, I tried what you suggest but at the last step (mkdosfs -f 1 -s 64 /dev/store/media), when I enter the command. my phone exits from recov mode and back to the boot loop.
    any suggestions?
    also tried webdoctor again after this.
    If that doesn't work, then it's likely that you have a hardware flash failure.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    were you able to fix it? I'm in the same situation
    Hi,
    I have the same problem...recently I've just bought pre from ebay...and I try to flash it to newer OS 1.4.5 but I got stuck on 12% not making any progress...anyone know how to fix this?

I'm using Motorola CliQ's Micro USB Cable...is it possible because of the cable? Please advice...
    Last edited by nusz; 12/21/2010 at 08:48 AM.
    Do you have the correct version of Novacom installed?

Are you using a stock Doctor or a custom Doctor?

Have you ever used a custom Doctor in the past?

I had a similar issue which I think turned out to be either the incorrect Novacom version or the doctor wasn't ignoring the version check of my Pre + on Sprint.

EDIT: Doctors (by default) check that the carrier and phone type are correct before installing. If you have the wrong version or have ever changed out parts (Plused a Pre) you could potentially have incorrect carrier or phone type settings if the original franken Dr. didn't take correctly.
    Last edited by sinime; 12/21/2010 at 09:55 AM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast