Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to get Sprint navigation to work?

Mine has only worked a couple of times since I got the phone in June!
    I have. Many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post
    Has anyone been able to get Sprint navigation to work?

Mine has only worked a couple of times since I got the phone in June!
    What do you mean by work? Regardless, yes I have. If you are not getting a GPS signal try opening up google maps and getting a fix with that first. Then try opening up sprint navigation and see if you can get a signal then.
    i saved the ##GPS# as a contact, when i cant get a fix i just dial that, get my fix and bingo nav gets it. oddly enough the girls pixi dosent seem to have this issue...I wonder if it was fixed on 1.3.2 or if its an actual hardware issue with the pre?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I had that same problem over a week ago on my 5th pre it was a refurb. The navigation program would not work at all. Google maps would work and the location services would work but telenav would not it would keep popping up the error please find a clear open sky. The one day I did get telenav to work it kept telling me weak GPS signal and would not track on the map. I webos doctored it and still no avail. I took it to sprints repair center and they ran a diagnostic on it and they said that the it was failing diagnostic tests and they gave me my 6th one but it was a new one and works perfectly but still has a little oreo effect...
  6.    #6  
    that's what i was talking about... problem here is at Sprint store....

tech says he don't know how to work on Palm Pres

Says I should call palm.
    A regular sprint store only knows how to sell them, Make sure you take it to a repair center..They should give you another one.
    I use it almost daily - works like a champ!
    I use it almost everyday and have never had a problem with it.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I have used it a few times, and I have to say the directions are HORRIBLE. It tells me to exit the freeway and then immediately get back on...takes me in the absolute wrong direction when I can see my destination ahead...overall not trustworthy at all!!!!!!!
    I use this service weekly...its never let me down...unlike google maps.
    I spent 2 weeks in Florida on vacation and used it almost everyday. It worked great. I was worried because I never relied on it and read some negatives things about it on this forum. But I had no problems and it was always accurate.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    For some reason my sprint navigation tends to cutoff (clip) some of the audible directions.
    I also noticed that sometimes it will not acquire directions unless I do a reset on the pre, I can't recall if I had this problem before but It's a little frustrating.
    The audio cut-off is a known problem with the 1.3.1 update.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    SprintNav works well for me, although I have had issues obtaining a signal twice. Toggling the GPS radio or punching in he GPS hash tag has resolved it both times. Resetting did not work for me.
    I had similar issues with the Sprint Navigation application but after calling Sprint support, it has worked ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    For some reason my sprint navigation tends to cutoff (clip) some of the audible directions.
    I also noticed that sometimes it will not acquire directions unless I do a reset on the pre, I can't recall if I had this problem before but It's a little frustrating.
    Regarding Sprint Nav audio issue, please see these threads:

Sprint Navigation with Speech Impediment

Sprint Navigation Audio Issues with 1.3.1 (Official forums)

Regarding not being able to get a GPS fix... I have had to reset/reboot the pre every now and then since I purchased it on day one of availability due to the Pre being intermittently unable to get a fix. I think it's the nature of beast and not anything necessarily introduced in 1.3.1
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I have been using sprint nav for about 3 years now and I LOVE it!!! sometimes it does give weird directions but for the most part it is Spot On! there is the issue (mentioned above) with some of the audio getting "clipped".

I wouldn't trade this app for much of anything. Only thing I would request is the option of more voices! that ladies voice is annoying, well maybe not annoying, I just need a change, she has been telling me what to do for 3 years now!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post

Regarding not being able to get a GPS fix... I have had to reset/reboot the pre every now and then since I purchased it on day one of availability due to the Pre being intermittently unable to get a fix. I think it's the nature of beast and not anything necessarily introduced in 1.3.1
    I read that the reason SprintNav does not pick up a signal at times is due to closing a nav session by swiping up the card to close the app. I now make sure to tap the screen and select to close the nav session. I have done this several times and have no longer had an issue getting a fix using SprintNav. Seems live the app gets hung somehow when you close it out with out ending your current trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmakar169 View Post
    I read that the reason SprintNav does not pick up a signal at times is due to closing a nav session by swiping up the card to close the app. I now make sure to tap the screen and select to close the nav session. I have done this several times and have no longer had an issue getting a fix using SprintNav. Seems live the app gets hung somehow when you close it out with out ending your current trip.
    I do just swipe the card away. I have not read about that but I will keep it in mind.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast