Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    i just installed it, crossing my finger cause the phone feels alot better with the patch. Has anyone still using it WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. i'll report every week to tell you how well my pre is doing with it.
    I won't advise any further than to say that if you don't have insurance get it, or if you don't have $100 to pay for the deductible than uninstall it right away. At very least wait until this coming update to see if it speeds up your phone to an acceptable level.

Worst case, you're phone will die by tomorrow. Best case it could last just as long as without the patch. Most probable case, it'll be dead within 6 months.
    I use a 550 alot less risk with a good speed boost
    I've been using the 600 patch for a while and I've had no ill effects. YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by eduardmc View Post
    i just installed it, crossing my finger cause the phone feels alot better with the patch. Has anyone still using it WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. i'll report every week to tell you how well my pre is doing with it.

i have been using it for several weeks with no ill effects.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    sr600 was unstable for me.
    My own version of sr550 (just a shell script I run myself after bootup)
    has been very stable, and I get a little bump in speed
    and a measurable increase in standby battery life.

ian
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I've tried powersave 500, 550, and 600. Out of all of them I get the best results from 600. For reasons I cannot fathom I had heat problems while I was running 550, 500 seemed to offer me nothing, and I really can't say I have had any problems with the 600.

YMMV.
    been running it since it came out with no problems
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    yes love it
    where can I get it? I can only install the f@@
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I had the smartflet 600 and uninstalled it . Wish I could get it back . Anybody got an ipkg of it or know how to find it somewhere ?
    ^^^^ its still in preware, just look inthe obsolete folder

it wont let me install it again tho for some reason, i get ipkg error
    I'm not running any of the smartflex's it gave my pre horrible battery life. I tried every signal version and all had the same effect.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Yeah I know it is in Preware but you can not use it that is why I asked if anyone had it somewhere else.
    I tried the SR 600 patch Thanksgiving week, had to remove it for 2 reasons. First reason was while my Pre did use less power while idle, it really burned thru the battery when I had applications open. The second reason was my phone would get really hot when I had an application running for any significant amount of time and when I would leave an application running long enough it would freeze up, the last time it took 2 battery pulls to get my Pre to work again do I decided to remove it and reinstall the SR 500 patch. Been running this patch since Nov. 29th with no problems and I am really happy with it, no freeze ups and better battery life.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    What are these supposed to do really? I have had this phone for about 3 months now, and yes I have Preware and such. I have been doing a lot of reading/research and I feel like a moron. If they are soo bad, why do people use them? I can understand the need/want to speed up the pre, but at $100 each time you may need anew phone worth it? Is it THAT much better?

TIA-AJ
    *go easy on me, still trying to learn about the phone =)
    Well saabaru, I ran the 600 patch for a week or so and yes, it really did make a noticeable difference in terms of speed. For me though, the camera app would sputter and stall, especially when saving new pics or switching in and out of the app (putting the camera "card" in the background to start a new app). I have since downgraded to 550, and all is well so far. The phone is still a little snappier, and the battery life while on standby is really good.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    after 1.3.5, i'm thinking of going to the SR550 patch. the 600 patch is very fast but it is true that it burns through the battery like nothing i've seen. the power consumption when idle is cut in half, by my measurements, so if you use your pre in short, high-intensity bursts with lots of idle time, smartreflex is made for you.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    hmmm......i might just have to give it a try. i guess we'll see what happens. Thanks guys!
    I need this again. Where can get it? I can't find it anywhere. Someone please help!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast