Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    ok so a couple months ago I made a post asking what kind of speeds you guys are getting on ur pre and what state you lived in. It was this site I asked you to use iPhone speedtest . I got around 1.2 mbs constantly and my latency probes were no more than 125 in brooklyn and queens. But for some reason these past 3 weeks or so my internet in ny has been very slow, making it hard for me to watch youtube vids or even listen to pandora. I'm getting speeds of 100-400kbs with latency probs of 300-600. I also travel to new jersey every weekend to see my girlfriend and my speed there are alot better.(and no I'm not connected to wifi) even my wifi has been acting real "weak" I have to b close to my router to get a signal. So anyone in NY having these same problems? Or does anyone know how to fix this? I would also appreciated if people in ny use that site and tell me their speed(no wifi) cuz maybe itz just the towers here... Thankz!!
    Just moved from n.y.c. 2yrs ago, sorry, i woulda helped. I do remember that Sprint always had two separate dead spots on the Jackie Robinson, if that helps any.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Just ran the DSLReport Mobile test and scored 1.5Mb on my Pre in Brooklyn. I haven't done any formal tests recently, but speeds seem normal with the obvious lunchtime slowdowns, 5PM commute home slowdowns, etc.

I wonder if it make a difference if you updated your network settings and/or preferred roaming list?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I'm in ny & have no problems, I been to other cites and I get great sprint service in ny, better than other places overall. Are you measuring in different parts of your house or bldg? Sometime the signal has a hard time penatrating into the older sturdier bldgs typical in ny as compared to newer construction like down south for example.

3G I got a little over 1.4 kbps in the Bx. Latency probes 95 - 292 ms
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Last week I had an appointment in the West Village and I accessed the Web via my Pre and it was crazy fast!
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    thanks for all the feed back guys...very appreciated..idk y its so slow I didn't change anything in my location..I'm doin the same thing I was a few months ago it doesn't make sense!! Again if anyone might know how to fix it please help..thanx