Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ok. I have droped my phone alot of times but now it just won't open it all. What number should I call. how long will it take to be fixed. its almost christmas and I use my phone for a camera! is there a way I can fix this?
    You should probably take it into a Sprint store. Otherwise, call Asurion if you have insurance.
    Go to your local Sprint corp store and arrange a replacement through your insurance. If your having problems dropping the pre then get the touchstone battery cover. I find the tackiness of it keeps the phone from slipping out of my hands.
    Stop slathering your phone in butter.
    damn...could it be de-railed?? Either that an internal part got loose, hence jamming the slide. Just make sure you don't tell em you dropped it alot lol
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Had the same problem this weekend.... it wouldn't open up past the middle of the A row. I banged it up and down a few times and it seemed to get unstuck.... No idea what could have caused this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by wotan View Post
    Had the same problem this weekend.... it wouldn't open up past the middle of the A row. I banged it up and down a few times and it seemed to get unstuck.... No idea what could have caused this.
    yeah thats where mine gets stuck. so just drop it again and hope it gets fixed?
  8.    #8  
    ok I droped it 10 times on a carpeted floor. nothing. I dont want to do it on the wood floor where i droped it and it wont open any more but should I?
    Going forward , buy a protective case! Take off the back cover and remove the battery and LOOK for anything blocking the rails.
    Last edited by Boggs3010; 12/21/2009 at 03:25 PM. Reason: typo
    please stop dropping it ahaha good lord
    This signature for rent
    Quote Originally Posted by soupisgood08 View Post
    yeah thats where mine gets stuck. so just drop it again and hope it gets fixed?
    Seems like a solid idea
    Use a hammer.
    Then a flat-head screwdriver to pry it loose.
    If that doesn't work, I'd suggest going with the virtual keyboard. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by soupisgood08 View Post
    ok I droped it 10 times on a carpeted floor. nothing. I dont want to do it on the wood floor where i droped it and it wont open any more but should I?
    LoL, boy i would hate to die and be reincarnated as a cell phone in your hands! Hahaha
    I'd forgotten when I replied initially, but my pre once got stuck open when I dropped it. I still can't believe I did it, but I dropped it a couple of times on purpose, and that fixed it. lol.
    dont need to have the keyboard open to use the camera any how.
    Sounds like you need some grip tape.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    you could always use a little bit of non-skid! it works for us on the flight deck of aircraft carriers, should work wonders on your phone! =)
    Seriously, he's not asking for advice on how NOT to drop the phone.

It's like when people say 'Be careful' when you're about to drive off. It's like, um okay, unless otherwise specified, let's just assume I'll always be careful.

I would say dropping it deliberately is a bad idea. Try prying a flat screwdriver between the two parts.

Then, even if the slider becomes loose or oreo-like, you can just get a free replacement. That's the great thing about the Pre build quality. Even if you mess up the slider yourself, Sprint will just replace it for free unless there's obvious damage on YOUR part (like water). They know the build is bad.
    is it inside of a case?? i had da same problem...if u have a case remove it...and the keyboard will slide right out....den put case back on
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast