1.    #1  
    For the past three days, I have been having an email issue. I haven't added anything new to my pre, though I do have lots of homebrew programs and patches. None of that ever affected my ability to download my email. For some reason, when I try to download my new emails, it will search for a while, as though it is contacting the server, than I get the yellow triangle with the exclamation point and no new emails, though I know I have them because I can check my gmail using the web. How do I fix this without deleting email and setting it up again? Plus, when I have done that (3 times now) the problem soon returns, plus it takes forever because I have so many spam emails in the trash. Has this happened to anyone else? What should I do? Thanks in advance for any advice/help!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Yes this happened to me and I have no resolution as yet. The only thing I can think of doing now is Doctoring the phone, which I don't want to do yet. The only thing i can think of that I added that may have broken e-mail is the messaging patch to allow me to use Windows Live Messenger.
  3.    #3  
    I haven't applied that patch to my pre. As of now, I don't think it was any patch as I had my phone with everything I currently wanted and it worked find for a long time. I noticed the problem began after we went through an underground tunnel, where I don't receive a signal. Normally, I am able to get my email as soon as the reception improves, but I have been receiving the yellow exclamation point ever since. I am also trying to avoid doctoring the phone as of now.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I have this issue with Yahoo but not with GMAIL, very frustrating
    I HAD the same...i removed my email accounts readded them and nothing. I have two gmail accounts and one worked and the other didn't. The one i was getting the error on - I noticed that it kept "syncing" the same messages. I looked my email up on my PC and moved the emails it was "syncing" and another email befire it was syncd and it started woring again. I think it is because one of the emails might have been corrupt or something. the one causing me the problems was an email from a blackberry user with a picture in it. My email is now syncing properly again.

Move your emails or delete them - give it a try. it worked for me. (oh yeah i don't have any patches or anythign set either.) hope this helps
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Thanks that has helped.
    deleting emails worked great thanks