Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I have been checking App Catalog frequently as apps keep popping up on a daily basis now, almost.
    Doing that I found something strange; for example, I noticed an app named Fuel had appeared. I didn't do nothing about it at first, but then I returned to App Catalog later and typed the name Fuel in the search field, pushed enter and got... nothing!
    "No applications found"
    Then I scrolled through the list and - surprise! - there it was, Fuel.
    What is it exactly I am supposed to type in, in order to find an app I am searching for? Not the exact name? What?

Is this happening only for me, or is there somebody else having similar results?
    I've noticed the search function in the app catalog is weak. You have to type the full name of the app you are looking for. For example, if I was looking for something named "Moonbase" you would think I could just type "Moon" and everything with moon in it would show up...wrong! I have to type the entire phrase.

Now, why it didn't work for you, even when you typed the correct word is strange but I'm not surprised.

Edit: I just confirmed the same thing. I searched for Fuel but came up blank. I then searched the whole catalog after sorting alphabetically and it did show up. I even did the search while Fuel was showing on the page and it still came up blank. I then repeated the search and I think on the 3rd try it finally located it.
    Last edited by Trekker; 12/21/2009 at 06:32 AM.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I have tried about dozen times each for several apps and the result is always zilch.

At least for me, the search function of the App Catalog's is completely, utterly useless.

If I remember correctly, the search did get results in 1.1.3 App Catalog.
    Let's see if anything changes in 1.3.5 update, if and when it comes, eventually.
    I just tried searching flixster, a random one, and it came up..

I just searched fuel now too, and I got two results. Fuel and Mileage Monitor lol..
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Okay, I was wrong; sometimes the search does find something.
    Sometimes I get all the apps, whatsoever I type in the search field, including the word Whatsoever.
    Weird. Most of the time I get nothing.
    The search is abysmal...how can the search in preware be so much better? what the hell palm...

yesterday i searched for facebook and got everything but...isn't this like programming 101?
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    The search is abysmal...how can the search in preware be so much better? what the hell palm...

yesterday i searched for facebook and got everything but...isn't this like programming 101?
    +1

I was about to say the same thing.

Last week I removed Gray's Anatony when it got stuck updating. So I went to search for it in the app catalog and wasted 20 minutes and never found it. I tried by Name, by subject, by the first letter, by the second word, by the general topic.....NOTHING!!!

Loaded up Preware and found it in 2 seconds.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation