1.    #1  
    Is there any way to make the pre play a longer ringtone when recieving a text? Right now it cuts off after a few seconds.
    This and 165 other patches are available for the Palm Pre and Pixi.

You install this:
    Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes with WebOS Quick Install

And then you can make your messaging app do just about anything you want.

The patch you are wanting is the SMS Tones patch. You can chose any tone you want for your messaging ringtone. You can also have different ringtones for each contact!

You will then be able to choose from a list of great Patches that let you add a hundred features in your Palm. The best part is that they are as easy to install as a Homebrew App. Dozens of patches are featured in the articles There's a Patch for That (Part 1), Part 2, and Part 3 plus here is a full list of patches.

Don't forget that you will also be able to have 300+ new apps as well including the Music Player (Remix). You can have a real music player!

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/20/2009 at 10:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    There was a post on here that worked for me...basically you have to edit your mp3s to add about 3-5 sec of silence at the end of them. 3 seconds worked for mine.
    That works like a charm. I used a program called Audacity to edit the mp3s. Hope this helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Coal8 View Post
    Is there any way to make the pre play a longer ringtone when recieving a text? Right now it cuts off after a few seconds.
    Here is all about how to make and download ringtones.

But to be able to change the messaging ringtones, you need to first have the patch installed.

- Craig