i'm just charging it through the usb atm, but i put it on charge only

and i think in about forty-five minutes, it only went up around 2%? :/
    Quote Originally Posted by lissah xox View Post
    i'm just charging it through the usb atm, but i put it on charge only

and i think in about forty-five minutes, it only went up around 2%? :/
    restart ur pc
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I've noticed it takes a lot longer to charge through USB than it does when actually plugged in. If you're noticing it's a LOT slower through USB than what it used to be, than like the above comment says, restart your PC, and restart your Pre too.
    it was fast to charge through the plug, but slow as hell on the touchstone
    Mine charges pretty fast, even through the touchstone. I've never actually timed it, but it certainly doesn't take very long. There may be an issue with your TS, maybe see about a replacement.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I think the biggest factor with how long it takes to charge the phone is what you are doing on it at the time. If I am listening to Pandora while it is charging, it takes much longer to charge then if no apps are running and the phone is sitting idle. Worst case scenario, if I am running Pandora and Navigation with my Pre sitting on the touchstone in my car, the Pre will sometimes struggle to even maintain its current charge level and the battery slowly drops.
    Pre to Outlet>Pre to Touchstone>Pre to Computer.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    usb charging is 500 milliamps, wall/touchstone is 1 amp (1000 milliamps). so charging from a computers usb will take about twice as long as charging while plugged in the wall. Also, charging through the touchstone is just as effective as plugging the charger cord directly into the pre.

that being said, if you're using wifi and have the screen on while charging, I've found the charger will barely be able to keep up. I always charge via touchstone, though. I have one at home, one at work, and one in my car.
    I ride submarines...
    Quote Originally Posted by mozafari View Post
    Funny, mine is just the opposite, much faster charge on the TS.
    I had that issue for several days when charging on my PC instead of the wall outlet - finally after 3 days of removing all my patches, lots of rebooting, turning everything "off" I tried charging through the wall outlet, and tada - it started charging normal again, even when I use the PC again

( I did find at 1 point when I was using pre in USB mode that I could not disconnect it because novacom was "active" and wouldnt shut down .. I manually stopped it from running through task manager - I dont know if that was the initial cause)
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Quote Originally Posted by mozafari View Post
    Been noticing this too, on the touchstone it really takes a LONG time..
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.