1.    #1  
    i know that they have an app for it for the iphone but i was wondering if there is any way to get a keyboard like this on my pre?

ShapeWriter

or

Swype | Text Input for Screens
    Swype looks amazing! Thanks for this!
    I second the swype!! I really hope PALM is looking into this. Anyway for everyone to let PALM know we want this?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I was going to post the same question today, asking about shapewriter which I have on my Ipod Touch. I have the virtual kb, but don't use it anymore, because it's just too hard to type on the Pre's smaller screen with any accuracy. I would use shapewriter in a heartbeat, and pay for it, if it were available...
    Looks cool. Wonder how it handles typos?
    WOW! That is COOL!

Id PAY for that....
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    WOW! That is COOL!

Id PAY for that....
    I second that. That is what I call innovative. Definitely worth paying for.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    Swype looks cool and all
    but Palm wouldn't be looking into this because the Pre and Pixi both have keyboards.

In their eyes it doesn't make all that sense to have a virtual keyboard.
    I suggest contacting the developers or Palm about implementing the software into the OS. It would be kind of cool to see Palm have some kind of agreement with Swype for a virtual keyboard implementation.
    I would just prefer to have a keyboard that would be T9 (or similar) in portrait and full in landscape. Also for the virtual to work with the auto-correct dictionary
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I would add in the TouchPal virtual keyboard from Welcome to CooTek - TouchPal, an innovative soft keyboard. Believe it or not, I could type sooooo fast on the T9 keyboard once I got used to it on my WM phone (much faster than on my Pre). Although we have physical keyboards, maybe Palm will develop a phone that doesn't have one in the future and multiple input options are a must. Check out the video at Welcome to CooTek - TouchPal, an innovative soft keyboard. I love virtual keyboard input options.
    Quote Originally Posted by keri2000 View Post
    I would add in the TouchPal virtual keyboard from Welcome to CooTek - TouchPal, an innovative soft keyboard. Believe it or not, I could type sooooo fast on the T9 keyboard once I got used to it on my WM phone (much faster than on my Pre). Although we have physical keyboards, maybe Palm will develop a phone that doesn't have one in the future and multiple input options are a must. Check out the video at Welcome to CooTek - TouchPal, an innovative soft keyboard. I love virtual keyboard input options.
    Forgot about this keyboard but LOVED it when I was using WM. This would be nice to add to webOS
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydenDavey View Post
    i know that they have an app for it for the iphone but i was wondering if there is any way to get a keyboard like this on my pre?

ShapeWriter

or

Swype | Text Input for Screens
    Please let there be a developer working on bringing one of these to webOS...
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Swype looks cool and all
    but Palm wouldn't be looking into this because the Pre and Pixi both have keyboards.

In their eyes it doesn't make all that sense to have a virtual keyboard.
    Yes, and Palm also thought it was good to position the Pre and a phone for women, and to market them with esoteric image ads that communicated nothing meaningful to the people watching them.

Palm would do well to listen to what users say in this forum, and less to the thinking that comes from the oxygen-free conference rooms at their corporate offices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Yes, and Palm also thought it was good to position the Pre and a phone for women, and to market them with esoteric image ads that communicated nothing meaningful to the people watching them.

Palm would do well to listen to what users say in this forum, and less to the thinking that comes from the oxygen-free conference rooms at their corporate offices.
    The "Mom" commercials were by Verizon AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK
    The OMNIA2 Has that swype technology,.
    There is a commercial on TV right now, the device it is for escapes me at the moment, but the person who holds the Guinness record for fastest texter, if that's a word, uses the swipe technology.