1.    #1  
    so i just got my 3rd pre (broke the 2 before) and i took it home hooked it up and started booting up webosquickinstall. after loading up preware and all the other essentials to get preware on the pre i wanted to get all my patches back on my phone. i open preware and and what showed up surprised me. it had the following.
    package updates
    Available Packages
    Installed Packages
    List of everything

so i went to available packages b cuz that's where the patches are located, but after clicking it patches weren't in there. here's the list that was in available packages:

Application
    Linux Application
    Linux Daemon
    Optware
    Plugin
    Service
    Theme

that was it i looked everywhere else too and i couldn't find it anywhere. maybe i loaded something incorrectly, i don't know what happened, if some people would just leave me some advice and comments i would appreciate it. all else fails start from scratch.
    u sure u didn skip a step? my preware still works fine...did u update feeds?
    Go into the Managa Feeds menu and make sure WebOS-patches is on...
    update your phone. usually does it for me, make sure its the current webOS. i was stuck for hours, then i finally updated with current webOS and patches became available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquafina14 View Post
    so i just got my 3rd pre (broke the 2 before) and i took it home hooked it up and started booting up webosquickinstall. after loading up preware and all the other essentials to get preware on the pre i wanted to get all my patches back on my phone. i open preware and and what showed up surprised me. it had the following.
    package updates
    Available Packages
    Installed Packages
    List of everything
    Check the first step in the How to Use Preware for Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes instructions:

Install WebOS Quick Install on your PC using the Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes guide. As you get to the "Homebrew Apps" section click the Preware Guide link to come back here. Tap Launcher then Updates to make sure your webOS is up-to-date.

Also see the Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes with WebOS Quick Install

Now is also the time to make sure that your webOS is up-to-date. Tap Launcher then Updates and Update as needed.

If that is not it, just work through the steps from the beginning. Don't skip any of the steps.

Let us know if any screens do not match what you are supposed to see.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/20/2009 at 08:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquafina14 View Post
    package updates
    Available Packages
    Installed Packages
    List of everything

so i went to available packages b cuz that's where the patches are located, but after clicking it patches weren't in there. here's the list that was in available packages:

Application
    Linux Application
    Linux Daemon
    Optware
    Plugin
    Service
    Theme

that was it i looked everywhere else too and i couldn't find it anywhere. maybe i loaded something incorrectly, i don't know what happened, if some people would just leave me some advice and comments i would appreciate it. all else fails start from scratch.
    Tap app menu and go to manage feeds. Make sure webos-patches is on and then update feeds.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  7.    #7  
    thanks every 1 i started from scratch and im in the process right now