Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I tried searching for this but couldn't find any specific information, so please excuse me if this has already been covered or is in the wrong place.

On Thursday I accidentally dropped my Pre into a half full sink of water, immediately pulled it out again and removed the battery while I dried off the phone (and cursed... a lot...).

Power button seems to no longer function and there are some problems with the speaker and microphone when making calls, so I contacted o2 on Friday afternoon and got through to their insurance department. My policy covers accidental water damage and the lady was very helpful. She informed me a replacement would be sent out on Monday (tomorrow) and took my email address to send me an email detailing the procedure and what I will need to give back to them (the charger, headphones or just phone etc).

I waited for the email to come through but as of yet it still hasn't and I am now getting a little anxious as to how this will happen. Saturday I was out, and I don't believe they are open on Sundays so this is why I haven't got back in contact with them.

Has anyone had their phone replaced with o2? and if so what did you need to send back to them? Did you need to pass it over to the courier when you received the new phone? or do they supply a jiffy bag or something to send it back in? I just don't want to be stuck there at the door not knowing if I'm supposed to be handing something back to the courier, and them freezing in the cold while I fuss around. Worse still, if the courier doesn't know what I'm supposed to give them and I hand over the charger and USB cable too, only to find I've only been send the phone on it's own etc.

Oh, also, I've patched the phone quite a bit so I guess I'll run the doc. on it in a second to give me a clean install... all contacts should be on google account so all good there. Would this be advisable?

Thanks,
    Os
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    You need to call O2, they are the only ones who can reliably answer your questions regarding delivery and collection.

Doctoring the phone is probably a sensible move. I wouldn't want to give O2 any opportunities to declare your insurance void.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Hi laze,

Thanks for the response, yeah I've doctored it now, but still won't be able to get in touch with them until tomorrow so never mind...

Thanks,
    Os
    I'd ask about what class of post they send replacements etc if you don't do it via a store. I'm currently waiting for my repaired phone (warranty repair though, not insurance replacement) and they've sent it 2nd class! So far it's been 9 days since they posted it and I haven't received it! =/
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Merry Christmas all! Just to follow up on what's happened...

Courier was due to arrive Monday so I wiped the phone on Sunday night and then doctored it.
    We had some serious snow around my area all Monday, so no courier came, I wasn't particularly surprised, however a phone call would have been nice!

Tuesday morning around 10am the courier showed. They were from CityLink and had a new pre in box waiting to exchange, I just shoved everything but the sim in the old box and passed it over, booted new phone, updated etc blah blah.

All pretty painless really... One thing I did notice was when adding my details into the new pre, the notice from palm to say I seemed to have switched phones popped up, but then it told me I didn't have any data to restore! I specifically did a manual backup on the old pre while it had everything on still and didn't back up after doctoring, so not really sure what gives...

Anyway, only lost like 2 numbers and stuff I wasn't bothered about like email and message history, just going through the rigorous process of re-installing all the homebrew apps and patches now with a post christmas eve hangover

os
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Glad to hear you got it sorted dude, it gives the rest of us an idea of what to expect if we find ourselves in your position.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    hi.....
    I am new to this insurance.
    Can anyone explain about the process....
    thanks...
    health insurance tx
    Quote Originally Posted by osaru View Post
    Merry Christmas all! Just to follow up on what's happened...

Courier was due to arrive Monday so I wiped the phone on Sunday night and then doctored it.
    We had some serious snow around my area all Monday, so no courier came, I wasn't particularly surprised, however a phone call would have been nice!

Tuesday morning around 10am the courier showed. They were from CityLink and had a new pre in box waiting to exchange, I just shoved everything but the sim in the old box and passed it over, booted new phone, updated etc blah blah.

All pretty painless really... One thing I did notice was when adding my details into the new pre, the notice from palm to say I seemed to have switched phones popped up, but then it told me I didn't have any data to restore! I specifically did a manual backup on the old pre while it had everything on still and didn't back up after doctoring, so not really sure what gives...

Anyway, only lost like 2 numbers and stuff I wasn't bothered about like email and message history, just going through the rigorous process of re-installing all the homebrew apps and patches now with a post christmas eve hangover

os
    glad to hear
    how is the new phone? better or the same? (build wise)
    How much was your excess? I have o2 insurance and when i have claimed before with old phones it was 25 just wondered how much it is for a pre.

Thanks.