Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
  1. #21  
    On tele 2 Sweden as well. Can't seem to send MMSs (no problem for me since this is the first one I've ever sent, but anyway...) but the test indicated showed no faults.
  2. Lemstil's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #22  
    MMS stopped working on 1.3.5.2 update.
    I found this web page. Problem solved!
    Hope this helps at least some of you with MMS problems, too.

    MMS Software - MMS Server and MMS Gateway for sending and receiving
  3. #23  
    I see that all of you can manually set-up MMS settings. Where can I do that? I cannot find the option...

    Thanks!
  4.    #24  
    Press the Phone icon to open phone app, then top left corner, the carrier name becomes clickable. After clicking it a drop-down menu appears, press Preferences. In preferences you scroll down to the Network box where you find options such as data usage and the Manual Settings switch.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemstil View Post
    MMS stopped working on 1.3.5.2 update.
    I found this web page. Problem solved!
    Hope this helps at least some of you with MMS problems, too.

    MMS Software - MMS Server and MMS Gateway for sending and receiving
    Thats just a list with network settings, the problem is the Palm Pre want accept our settings, we already put them in.

    Since struggling with this I ordered a Halebop (Telia Sweden) and entered the settings for MMS. In this case I got an invalid settings warning for the Internet setting but no warning for MMS. And guess what, on Halebop MMS worked without a flaw. So its something about Tele2 that Palm Pre seems to dislike...god knows what. =( Whatever it is, its incredibly annoying that a modern, 2009-ish phone cant seem to get MMS right...
  6. Lemstil's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by toncid View Post
    I see that all of you can manually set-up MMS settings. Where can I do that? I cannot find the option...

    Thanks!
    They can be set in Phone's preferences, in portion called Network.
    Switch Manual Settings ON. Then tap on Edit Network Settings and now you can see tabs INTERNET APN and MMS APN. Got it?
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by loni86 View Post
    Thats just a list with network settings, the problem is the Palm Pre want accept our settings, we already put them in.

    Since struggling with this I ordered a Halebop (Telia Sweden) and entered the settings for MMS. In this case I got an invalid settings warning for the Internet setting but no warning for MMS. And guess what, on Halebop MMS worked without a flaw. So its something about Tele2 that Palm Pre seems to dislike...god knows what. =( Whatever it is, its incredibly annoying that a modern, 2009-ish phone cant seem to get MMS right...
    Did you check back in with the MMS-settings after having changed them with the Tele2 card? I noticed that the Palm had entered password and username in the boxes even though I had said that they didn't need any which i found odd.

    Does Halebop require a username/password? It could be that the Palm thinks that this should be required and thus the fact that Tele2 does not have that makes it confused. *just guessing*
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbay View Post
    Did you check back in with the MMS-settings after having changed them with the Tele2 card? I noticed that the Palm had entered password and username in the boxes even though I had said that they didn't need any which i found odd.

    Does Halebop require a username/password? It could be that the Palm thinks that this should be required and thus the fact that Tele2 does not have that makes it confused. *just guessing*
    Your guess is a very good one. Thats the only answer I have at the moment. Halebop worked and I believe it worked because it has a username and password for MMS, the username being: mms and password: telia. Tele2 does not have such settings and thats probably why it refuses to work.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by loni86 View Post
    Press the Phone icon to open phone app, then top left corner, the carrier name becomes clickable. After clicking it a drop-down menu appears, press Preferences. In preferences you scroll down to the Network box where you find options such as data usage and the Manual Settings switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemstil View Post
    They can be set in Phone's preferences, in portion called Network.
    Switch Manual Settings ON. Then tap on Edit Network Settings and now you can see tabs INTERNET APN and MMS APN. Got it?
    Yes, I found it and set up correctly. Thank you both!
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by loni86 View Post
    I just talked to my carrier and they said that they dont support Palm Pre. MMS apperently works for every other phone but not Palm which is not in their system :S
    You get that answer from Tele2 whatever phone you use.

    "Oh, A HTC-phone? No, we don't support those because they haven't given us a phone to test on."

    That was the answer I got when trying to get mms on a tytnII on Tele2.
  11. #31  
    Yes, I'd say that Tele2 customer service is somewhat lacking, but they do have cheap rates...
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbay View Post
    Yes, I'd say that Tele2 customer service is somewhat lacking, but they do have cheap rates...
    I don't know the reason why they block "unsupported" phones. It's just stupid! The phone either supports MMS protocol or not. It shouldn't matter who made it (Palm, Nokia or my grandpa in back garage)...
  13. #33  
    SUCCESS!! MMS in now up and running on my Pre (Telia in Sweden).

    This is what worked for me...

    MMS APN: mms.telia.se
    Username: mms
    Password: telia
    MMS properties:
    - MMSC: http://mmss/
    - MMS proxy: 193.209.134.132
  14. kronos1's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #34  
    Well l am able to receive mms from all 3 carriers in Serbia, but unable to send one...l have change manually values in squlite and even enter manually in .. dialer preferences data carrier...and l just cant send one... receiving is perfect...but sending..not
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by kronos1 View Post
    Well l am able to receive mms from all 3 carriers in Serbia, but unable to send one...l have change manually values in squlite and even enter manually in .. dialer preferences data carrier...and l just cant send one... receiving is perfect...but sending..not
    Having exactly the same problem in Australia with Vodafone
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    You get that answer from Tele2 whatever phone you use.

    "Oh, A HTC-phone? No, we don't support those because they haven't given us a phone to test on."

    That was the answer I got when trying to get mms on a tytnII on Tele2.
    FINALLY! After a lot of trial and error I have got MMS with Tele2 working, sending as well as receiving. Below are my settings which I entered into the manual network settings in phone preferences:
    MMS APN: surf.tele2.se
    USERNAME:
    PASSWORD:
    MMSC: http://mmsc.tele2.se
    MMS PROXY: 130.244.202.30:8080
    MAX SIZE: 30000

    After trying to update settings, my Pre complains that about "Invalid APN settings", but I just pressed "Set up anyway" and it worked! The MMS APN is the setting I haven't tried before, but "surf.tele2.se" (same as for Iphone) instead of the usual "internet.tele2.se" seems to have done the trick. I am not sure wether the Max size number needs to be there at all, but I don't want to change it until I know.

    Good luck!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions