1.    #1  
    1. I bought a German Pre (had previous users profile on when i got it.. 3G worked OTB, until i did a full reset)

2. Meta-doctored 1.3.1

3. Tried all sorts of SIM's, edited Carriers db, manually set APN,.. nothing worked..

4. Today magic happened I have 3G and it works, i can surf web, get emails etc.

5. When i go to first use i can't create a new profile (on the end i get: "Profile creation failed" contact palm...)

Any suggestions? What do i even gain from creating a palm profile?

Sorry for new topic, but i couldn't get a response nowhere, so i hope i get it here!

Greetings, David.
    Last edited by cochiloco; 12/20/2009 at 01:05 PM.
  2.    #2  
    I've seen tons of posts about "can't get data to work / create profile"..

But is there anyone with working 3G not been able to create profile?

I've downgraded app catalog to 1.1.3 also,.. i see aplications and when i try to open them.. i only see the blue screen and nothing else.. any suggestions?
  3.    #3  
    That is exactly what i'm doing.. Read the topic and you will understand.. If not.. i have explained it quite thirily in those 1-5 points.

Maybe it's too complicated so here's the simpler version:

My data connection works but i can't activate / create a new profile on my pre (error: profile creation failed).

I started a new topic because i didn't find (i used search) any users that have working data connection and can't activate / create profile. If there is, i would kindly ask you to show them to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cochiloco View Post
    That is exactly what i'm doing.. Read the topic and you will understand.. If not.. i have explained it quite thirily in those 1-5 points.

Maybe it's too complicated so here's the simpler version:

My data connection works but i can't activate / create a new profile on my pre (error: profile creation failed).

I started a new topic because i didn't find (i used search) any users that have working data connection and can't activate / create profile. If there is, i would kindly ask you to show them to me.
    cochiloco,
    Curious, what country are you in, who is your carrier/what SIM are you using in your Germain Pre?
  5.    #5  
    @tomi666: I am using English UK settings for my first profile creation (never did it before).

I got my phone from germany and previous owner probably created profile in german language.. I tried that now and i don't have "first use" icon anymore..

I am trying other languages and other method you advised me..

Sorry for complications,.. i guess i'm having a panic attack

@TopTongueBarry: Slovenia, Mobitel think i'm very rare if not the only one
  6.    #6  
    ipkg error i got (log says someting like "already applied / used").

I'll do a fresh restore and start from 0 .. I'll try all your suggestions, hope one works
  7.    #7  
    I can't get anywhere with 1.1.3 so i went straight to the 1.3.1..

None of the suggestions worked for me..

But someone helped me out with profile so now i have my Palm Pre with everything working!

Sorry for new topic and "complications"