Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys I had old cool stuff for my old jailbroken iphone but I coudnt convert the files to be playable on the Pre...anyone know places to find cool sound for texts and notifications like Star Trek sounds or like Mario Bros kind of stuffs?? I appreciate any help
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    www.phonezoo.com all kinds of sounds that work! I use it all the time

Enjoy...

btw my name on there is plcd22 same as here!
    Last edited by plcd22; 12/19/2009 at 07:53 PM.
    Myxer - Download Ringtones and More

Try that as well I use it all the time.
    I downloaded the PreLoad App from Preware. Do a search for mario on PreLoad and you will find plenty of Mario Bros ringtones/sounds. I use the mario 1up sound for texts.
    im not college educated but ill be damned if i can not figure out how to download a ringtone to my Pre.

i tried on MyXer and phonezoo. perhaps you can help a simple minded guy.

when i click to download the only option is for me is to listen to it. what am i missing?
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    I'm with Buzzard on this one. I have an account w/ Phonezoo but can't download the ringtone. I haven't received a text from them to verify despite resending it a few times over a period of days. So, I tried the setting of 'WAP' to go online on the Pre and retrieve it that way. There is no download button and the link for the file only lets you stream the ringtone. Frustrating...
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    im not college educated but ill be damned if i can not figure out how to download a ringtone to my Pre.

i tried on MyXer and phonezoo. perhaps you can help a simple minded guy.

when i click to download the only option is for me is to listen to it. what am i missing?
    My Sprint phone is not working with Phonezoo
    Sprint has recently updated many of their phone’s firmware over the air. This update has disabled the ability of these phones to download tones and photos from Phonezoo. Unfortunately, we don’t have a way at this time to bypass this.

There is another method that does not require internet on your phone. If your phone supports Bluetooth or Cable or SD card, you can still get content from Phonezoo through one of those methods. Please click here for additional information on how to use Bluetooth to download content.
    5. Is Phonezoo really free?
    just hit the save to pc button.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    Free Ringtones from Phonezoo: Make and Download Free Ringtones, Free Mobile Wallpaper and Play Free Games all kinds of sounds that work! I use it all the time

Enjoy...

btw my name on there is plcd22 same as here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Myxer - Download Ringtones and More

Try that as well I use it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    My Sprint phone is not working with Phonezoo
    Sprint has recently updated many of their phone’s firmware over the air. This update has disabled the ability of these phones to download tones and photos from Phonezoo. Unfortunately, we don’t have a way at this time to bypass this.

There is another method that does not require internet on your phone. If your phone supports Bluetooth or Cable or SD card, you can still get content from Phonezoo through one of those methods. Please click here for additional information on how to use Bluetooth to download content.
    5. Is Phonezoo really free?
    these sites contain malicious files do not download from them.

use google.com there are a million different ways to get the file downloaded for free.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post

use google.com there are a million different ways to get the file downloaded for free.
    Can you instruct us to a few of the million ways ?
    I found this site for some legend of zelda files, I'm currently using the item fanfare for my texts

http: // noproblo . dayjo . org/ ZeldaSounds

---dcross9818
    Quote Originally Posted by colonel angus View Post
    can you instruct us to a few of the million ways ?
    lol! :d
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    Free ringtones, themes, wallpapers, games. Millions of downloads for your mobile phone | Zedge

Free (REALLY FREE) ringtones, wallpapers...

You don't have to register / give them your emai address. You don't have to give them your cell #. Most of the other sites mentoned around here require some or all the above.

1. Connect your Pre to your computer with the USB cable.
    2. When prompted by your Pre, choose use as "USB drive".
    3. When the "auto-play" window pops up on your computer, choose to "open folder to view files".
    4. From the above website, pick a ringtone from the currently list of 344,000 plus, broken down into categories.

This website caters to more than the US. You will find many foreign ringtones.
    Here's one I use for texting: Download Verizon Droid ringtones to your cell phone - droid motorola verizon - 4845807 | Zedge

Or pick any other you want.

5. Click the green download button, and it will ask you where to save it.
    6. Choose the "ringtone" folder on your Pre, and you're done.

I've downloaded hundreds from this site with NO issues.

Wallpapers work the exact same way. I have 400-500 wallpapers (God bless Switcharoo), and got many from this same site.

Scary tested. Scary approved!!!
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    zedge.net
    Another one for zedge.net
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post

You won't get crap if you just download it while your browsing the site with your Palm Pre. On Myxer you don't have to sign in or give out any info. I just click on the song I want, and download away. Last I checked their wasn't any real vulnerabilities in WebOS yet so you should be just fine as long as you don't use your computer to download them from Myxer. Probably should have pointed that out though.
    Here is all about how to make and download ringtones for the Pre and Pixi with links to sites with literally millions of ringtones.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/21/2009 at 09:52 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast