Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    Just quoting Brighthand's reporting on this... really havent heard a possibility of a bigger phone in any rumor before...

    But if you think about it, wouldnt it be better if the Pre had a slightly larger screen and hence a slighlty wider keyboard?

    Verizon May Be Getting the Palm Pre Plus

    Somewhere the size of an iPhone and Blackberry?

    I really like the size of the Pre, but i know some people would like it a little bigger..

    Whatever it is, i hope it becomes a hit!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Just quoting Brighthand's reporting on this... really havent heard a possibility of a bigger phone in any rumor before...

    But if you think about it, wouldnt it be better if the Pre had a slightly larger screen and hence a slighlty wider keyboard?

    Verizon May Be Getting the Palm Pre Plus

    Somewhere the size of an iPhone and Blackberry?

    I really like the size of the Pre, but i know some people would like it a little bigger..

    Whatever it is, i hope it becomes a hit!
    I would bet on more memory or a card reader. I doubt they would be changing the form factor.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  3. #3  
    If it's true, it's more than a little bit insulting to Sprint.

    I understand that Sprint will never garner the kind of deal that AT&T did with the iPhone. At best, they get a limited exclusive on a phone before it's released into the wild. But, to give them an exclusive and then give the upgraded version to the next company in line? That's a slap in the face. Verizon, and everyone else, should get the same (or GSM version of the same) phone that has been out since June. When the next version shows up, it should go back to Sprint for a 6 month minimum exclusive.

    If Verizon gets the next gen, then Sprint might as well never have had the first.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    If it's true, it's more than a little bit insulting to Sprint.

    I understand that Sprint will never garner the kind of deal that AT&T did with the iPhone. At best, they get a limited exclusive on a phone before it's released into the wild. But, to give them an exclusive and then give the upgraded version to the next company in line? That's a slap in the face. Verizon, and everyone else, should get the same (or GSM version of the same) phone that has been out since June. When the next version shows up, it should go back to Sprint for a 6 month minimum exclusive.

    If Verizon gets the next gen, then Sprint might as well never have had the first.
    I am not sure if Sprint should get an exclusive to the upgraded version. For the sake of Palm, I think they should give preference to Verizon, but I don't think they should exclude Sprint. Right now their entire user base is on Sprint. My hunch is if they release an updated Pre it will make its way to all carriers pretty quickly.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  5. #5  
    I would be really annoyed at Palm if they did this. All the Sprint users had to go through all the pains of a 1.0 device with crappy hardware, and Verizon users get rewarded?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    I would be really annoyed at Palm if they did this. All the Sprint users had to go through all the pains of a 1.0 device with crappy hardware, and Verizon users get rewarded?
    Agreed!
    .
    .
    .

    What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

    "Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
  7. Xenx's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #7  
    That is the price one pays for a 1st gen device.

    Now, I doubt that any improved version of the Pre would be limited solely to VZW. But, it would only make sense for them to make some improvements upon the original... whatever those improvements may be.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenx View Post
    That is the price one pays for a 1st gen device.

    Now, I doubt that any improved version of the Pre would be limited solely to VZW. But, it would only make sense for them to make some improvements upon the original... whatever those improvements may be.
    I disagree. It would make sense for them to get the same thing we did. ONLY the update level should be improved. All actual upgrades (i.e. "Pre Plus" "Pre II" etc.) should go to Sprint first. If not, Sprint should give Palm no attention, stick their phone in the pile with the rest of the generic smart phones, and sell the HTC Hero. At least Android is popular, everyone has their own flavor of the Android OS and some interesting twist on the hardware. The playing field is much more level.
  9. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #9  
    Reminds me of Tmobile users who had to deal with the G1. The Droid is on verizon =/.
    I hate Verizon... would never switch to it or AT&T.

    But Sprint is the one who needs a flagship phone.
    If Tmobile gets HD2, and Sprint gets new Pre (and verizon has droid and AT&T has iphone)... then all carriers have some sort of flagship phone.

    But I doubt things will be that pretty.
  10. #10  
    My guess is more memory, and nothing else different.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Reminds me of Tmobile users who had to deal with the G1.
    The G1 is a reliable phone, T-Mobile users had no particular issues with it. There was some confusion initially because T-Mobile also rolled out its 3G network along with the G1. I used mine a lot and paid only $50 for voice and unlimited data.

    It is very limited by today's standards, but it wasn't bad a year ago. There was only the iPhone 3G.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  12. dwang's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #12  
    Don't forget that tmobile is getting the nexus one.
  13. #13  
    If anything its expandable or more memory.

    Then WebOS 1.3.5

    Palm would be smart to introduce designer Pre battery doors.
    Wouldn't be surprised to hear about the Ares SDK and App Store overall.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Just quoting Brighthand's reporting on this... really havent heard a possibility of a bigger phone in any rumor before...

    But if you think about it, wouldnt it be better if the Pre had a slightly larger screen and hence a slighlty wider keyboard?

    Verizon May Be Getting the Palm Pre Plus

    Somewhere the size of an iPhone and Blackberry?

    I really like the size of the Pre, but i know some people would like it a little bigger..

    Whatever it is, i hope it becomes a hit!
    I knew I was right about this. Funny how all the Palm fannyboys tried to discredit me when I mentioned this at the time of the pre's release and here it is IN PRINT.

    To all those who flamed me about this prediction back then.... shut up & eat it.
  15. #15  
    Great news!

    For me the most exciting thing about all the new phones being introduced is what might be available in 6 months when all of our Pre plans are available for an upgrade.
  16. #16  
    more or expandable memory. Oh and since it's verizon, hopefully they won't cripple the device somehow since they are notorious for doing that. I doubt a form factor change. Very unlikely.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  17. #17  
    Don't expect much, more memory is going to be it.
  18. Shado.F's Avatar
    Posts
    263 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    #18  
    If there are desirable improvements, then I wouldn't mind seeing some porting the Verizon version over to Sprint.
  19. #19  
    it would really suck if the pre had a tegra chip installed? Man would that be a slap in the face or somethign.
  20. #20  
    I could live with the more memory ect. What we need right now is the driver for the gpu to be done and the app limit erased. Otherwise 6 more months will go fast. It will give me something to look forward to.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions