Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Are there any patches out there that will make every touch made on the Palm Pre vibrate or sound off a system sound? (i.e. when I touch to open an app, it vibrates or makes a cool sound). Also, is there a way that the keyboard could make a cool sound during message as every key is hit (most phones have this). The only sound I've noticed on this phone while using is when you discard away of a card it makes a swoosh sound.
    I'll love to hear sounds when typing my keyboard!
    Lets focus on making the sounds that should work, work... then maybe they can enchance.... I am still trying to get rid of the camera shutter sound within my "system Sound" when setting alerts,,,,,,, now i just make believe that my system sounds are really my Camera......
    Not such a wild suggestion. Instinct & other smartphones provide 'haptic' feedback, when typing on/touching the virtual keyboard/soft keys. It's worthy of consideration, in certain situations.
    Haptic feedback on the Pre is impossible. There's no hardware mechanism to enable it to occur. Making the regular vibrating buzzer go off for specific touches might be possible, but that's not the same thing.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    not impossible im getting haptic feedback from the virtual keyboard as I type this now.
    Quote Originally Posted by adoss89 View Post
    not impossible im getting haptic feedback from the virtual keyboard as I type this now.
    No what he means is that the phone itself could vibrate but true haptic has a seperate vibrate mechanism in screen so you just feel it where youre touching
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Yep because otherwise, without a system sound or vibrate to confirm that I've touched or opened something, I would believe I didn't or I would believe that phone is on silent...this is a basic feature. What phone doesn't have this? wow.
    there are patches for this. I use it on my phone dial pad and calculator and it works well. Also on the virtual keyboard.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Nice to have this feature as an option; but it would be nice if Palm can make what they now have work better first! E.G. speaker volume is low, durable buttons, and use better non-brittle plastic for the case!

Seems like a lot of major hardware issues need to be addressed by Palm considering all the returns of the Pre on this forum alone.

your loyal Palm Pilot user